Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Benny Hill Teaches Us About Improper Letterboxing Techniques!

Author Topic: Benny Hill Teaches Us About Improper Letterboxing Techniques!
Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-29-2002 03:40 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It has been quite some time since I have been able to view one of my favorite programs "The Benny Hill Show". So, with great anticipation I rented "The Best Of Benny Hill Vol II" from the local video store. Anyhow, this video contains a classic skit...what happens when a wide screen print is not lettterboxed and is also improperly edited for the "boob tube"!

Bob Maar would really love this one...especially after a few Martinis!

|  IP: Logged

Adam Wilbert
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-30-2002 12:36 PM      Profile for Adam Wilbert   Author's Homepage   Email Adam Wilbert   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw an old episode of Mad TV yesterday and they did a skit called "Steven Segal's Letterbox 2000". The screen image was probably a 15:1 ratio (with a good 90% of the TV screen masked off) and included the set centered on screen with the camera operators, mic and lighting crews clearly visible on both sides of the screen, although really tiny. The skit was terrible, but the set up was funny.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: