Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Babylon 5 DVD

Author Topic: Babylon 5 DVD
Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2002 01:08 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if the new Babylon 5 DVD contains the original version of The Gathering or the new TNT version? I sure hope it's the original, but I won't be surprised if it's the new version.

Actually, it would make sense that it's the new version. In the original, Londo says in his opening monolog, "Under the leadership of it's final commander...." Well, since Michael Ohare left the show, Sinclair was not the "final commander" of the station. So that was changed for the TNT version. I guess for the sake of continuity, this is what they would have on the DVD. But I still hope it's the original because the score just rocks!! Why did they have to change the music? Don't get me wrong, I love Christopher Franke, and all his B5 score kicks ass, but the original score for The Gathering is 10 times better!!

Anywho, I'm done rambling. I'll probablly buy the DVD either way, but if anyone knows which version it is, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Schindler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2002 03:07 PM      Profile for Mike Schindler   Email Mike Schindler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems as though THE GATHERING will not be included in the new DVD set. But it is available now with IN THE BEGINNING on the other side of the disc. This is the TNT version of THE GATHERING, and it's the only episode in 1.33:1

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-27-2002 06:36 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: