Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » "SHOGUN" is finally coming out on DVD this year

Author Topic: "SHOGUN" is finally coming out on DVD this year
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 01-13-2003 02:03 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Although it has not been oficially announced by Paramount, I read in one of Honolulu's two major newspapers that Richard Chamberland the star of the popular TV miniseries "SHOGUN" will record commentary for the DVD release scheduled for later this year. Chamberland who has a home in Hawaii and spends most of his time here will record the tracks at the Ihilani Resort Hotel here in Honolulu in a few weeks. The hotel was recently used in some scenes in the made in Hawaii surf movie "BLUE CRUSH". I have been waiting a very long time for the entire "SHOGUN" to be released on DVD after watching the excellent show in it's entirety on network television. I had a very condensed two hour version of the series on laserdisc but it was not very good. The complete show was only available on VHS and Beta tapes but was too expensive and I passed. It was a good thing I did because the DVD will be much better with excellent picture sound.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 01-13-2003 02:56 PM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is good news. I liked the show very much and also read the book. It stirred an interest in Japanese culture and history in me. It was also simply very good adventure. A few years ago, I visited Himeiji Castle in Japan where some of the series was filmed.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 01-13-2003 06:32 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The release of "Shogun" on DVD was timed to coincide with the opening of the new Shogun Restaurant in Lawton, OK, USA! It is Japanese food with the authenticity that only a group of Korean businessmen from Dallas can deliver! [beer] Official appearances by novelist James Clavell and actor Richard Chamberlin are unconfirmed.

They do have a fairly nice sign. [Cool]

-

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: