Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » The Afterlife   » Audition (Odishon) DVD

Author Topic: Audition (Odishon) DVD
Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2003 09:58 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Audition is a film by one of shock cinema's finest filmmakers, Japanese master Miike Takashi. His films are not for everyone, especially the faint of heart. At first, this does not seem to be the typical Miike film, and it isn't, but the end will not disappoint his fans.

I won't give too much away about the film, but it tells the story of a movie producer who decides to remarry seven years after his wife's death. He is reluctant to get back into the dating scene, so a colleague suggests that they hold an audition for his new mate under the guise of casting for a new film. After examining the applications, he is drown in by a woman names Asami. Her audition further draws him to her, and he quickly falls in love, despite the uneasy warning of his colleague. Who is the mysterious woman? See the movie to see what unfolds.

The DVD is great. It was put together by the American Cinematheque. It features an interview with Miike, as well as a commentary track over the last 35 minutes of the film. Also included is a short documentary about the restoration of the Egytian Theater.

|  IP: Logged

Michael Schaffer
"Where is the
Boardwalk Hotel?"

- posted 03-25-2003 09:39 AM      Profile for Michael Schaffer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Schaffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great movie. Very unsettling.
Do you have that in a dubbed version or is it original with subtitles?
The European edition only has the interview as text, and no documentaries.

Joe Beres
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-25-2003 09:46 AM      Profile for Joe Beres   Email Joe Beres   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched it with subtitles. I may be wrong, but I don't think there was an english dubbed track on the disc. [Smile] If you have a multi-region player, and really liked the film, it is worth getting the US release for the special features.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: