Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Help Wanted/Seeking Employment   » F/T 35mm/DCP projectionist Westchester County NY

Author Topic: F/T 35mm/DCP projectionist Westchester County NY
Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-25-2019 06:32 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know these people except that I visit the theatre often, and when I went today I noticed they were "looking". It's a busy little place with a huge following, and they do many special programs and filmmaker visits.

JOBS
FT PROJECTIONIST

The Jacob Burns Film Center is a nonprofit cultural and educational institution located in Pleasantville, NY, dedicated to presenting the best of independent, documentary and world cinema, promoting visual literacy, and making film a vibrant part of the community. We seek a full-time Projectionist to join the Theater Staff team for our five screen independent cinema, which is open every day of the year and receives 225,000 patrons annually.

The full-time Projectionist will work under the supervision of our Technical Director in support of the activities of the Film Center and its educational programs. An ideal candidate should have solid foundation skills in projection and/or media equipment, as well as a willingness to learn new skills. Both the Film Center and Media Arts Lab utilize a wide range of technologies including—but not limited to—35mm film, 16mm film, DCP digital projection, a variety of digital media, numerous software packages, and data management systems.

Qualifications:

A passion for high-quality film presentation and the creation of a positive movie-going experience for both general screenings and school groups
The ability to quickly understand and absorb a wide variety of technologies
Strong working knowledge of 35mm as well as DCP projection and other digital cinema media
Outstanding attention to detail
Working knowledge of Macintosh and Windows operating systems and programs
The ability to work both collaboratively and independently

Primary responsibilities:

Running films in many formats, including 35mm, 16mm, and various digital formats
Inspecting prints/media and reporting their condition appropriately
Meticulous care and maintenance of projection equipment and booth work space.
Working closely with other projectionists and staff to ensure professional presentation and a quality work environment
Collaborating with the Booth Manager to implement and maintain systems for organized workflow, optimizing productivity and efficiency; extend this cooperative understanding to fellow projectionists
Collaborating with the Booth Manager to plan and implement new Booth procedures and policies to improve and maintain high standards for presentation quality
Working closely with the Technical Director and Booth Manager to coordinate and execute all daily operations
Collaborating with the Booth Manager to share equal authority in staff supervision, management, and development

This is a flexible full-time position. Shifts include night, weekend, and holiday hours. Flexibility is a must!

Start Date: Immediately.

Salary will be commensurate with experience.

Please send resume, cover letter, and three references via email only to jobs@burnsfilmcenter.org with “FT Projectionist 19” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: