Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Help Wanted/Seeking Employment   » Help needed for Open Air Cinema in the UK

Author Topic: Help needed for Open Air Cinema in the UK
Zachary Cooke
Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2015 07:19 AM      Profile for Zachary Cooke   Author's Homepage   Email Zachary Cooke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know this is pretty much a forum for professional indoor movie theatre staff but I think it would be the only real place to ask for help with my issue.

For a while now I have been running a (TBH) fairly amateur open air cinema. We just completed our latest screenings and know in my heart of hearts I need to step up and deliver a service that I would ultimately be proud of and show content in its best possible quality.

I have a full time job so this is not my main income but I love doing it and I do take this super seriously. Therefore I am in need of a fair amount of help/information and support.

So anyone who would like to consult or if they live near to my location DOVER in Kent UK

Technician - I need to answer what kind of projectors I can use outdoors. For 5 years I got away with a 4.5KLumen Christie projector. However it has died and the range of product out there is enormous. I know most of it is useless. I also do not have £10K to spend on a projector and do not want to waste £1,000’s on something not powerful enough. It appears to be its all about the brightness of the blacks but I am not sure how to approach this. Plus there are different choices of bulbs too.
It appears I need at least 7k lumens but surely it can be as simple as that. Especially as I would also like to back project.

Secondly we are using a different screen than before and I feel it needs replacing as just sucks in the blacks and when it gets wet (Night times can be high on moisture here) it can be reflective. Any suggestions?

I am aiming to screen approx 8.5m X 5m 16:9 full HD.

So any advice over the web would be great, but if you’re in the UK and have the right skill set and can actually be apart of what I am trying to build we can turn your help into £’s

Thank you all in advance.

Zac

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: