Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Help Wanted/Seeking Employment   » Seeking Employment in Auckland, NZ!

Author Topic: Seeking Employment in Auckland, NZ!
Michael Putlack
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-16-2014 03:19 AM      Profile for Michael Putlack   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Putlack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello perspective employees,

I'm not sure how many New Zealanders frequent the film-tech forums, but I figure posting my CV here is worth a shot. My girlfriend and I are moving to Auckland early next year so she can attend graduate school at the University of Auckland. I've been working in cinemas for nearly seven years now and would love to continue my career once I make the move.

I started my career at Kerasotes (at the time, the sixth largest chain in the US) where I became floor manager, I moved on to Sundance's flagship theatre in San Francisco where I was part of the leadership team, and for the past four and a half years I've been working at the Lyric Cinema Cafe, an independent two screen theatre in Colorado. I've been in a management position there since late 2012.

I have two major claims to fame at the Lyric. First was conceiving of and running a $158,000 Kickstarter campaign to raise the funds to go digital with our projection system. The other was boosting our special events grosses from around $7000 in 2012 to $49,000 in 2013. Plus, we are currently on pace to reach about $67,000 in special event grosses this year. These special events which are anything from film retrospectives to themed months to local film premieres now make up just over one quarter of our tickets sold and our gross ticket sales while also greatly boosting our concession sales.

I've put out my feelers to some cinemas in Auckland already, but none currently have any job openings. I am confident that wherever I do find a position, I can put my skills to use however they are needed.

Here is a link to my CV where you can find all of my contact info as well as more details about my past jobs in the industry.

Michael Putlack's CV

Thank you for reading, and I hope I can come work for you in the near future!

Michael Putlack

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: