Topic: Technical Services Specialist - IMAX Corporation
From: Santa Monica, CA, USA
Registered: Feb 2012
posted 09-06-2012 07:29 PM
IMAX Corporation has an IMMEDIATE need for a Technical Services Specialist presently located in the United States to support IMAX theatres in this region. Applicants living outside of Northern California environs will not be considered. The Technical Services Specialist provides 24/7 service, support, and upgrades to IMAX digital projection and audio equipment to ensure audiences are presented with the best possible IMAX experience. Working out of his/her home and reporting to our headquarters in Canada (Mississauga, Ontario), the Technical Services Specialist travels extensively (up to 75%) sometimes on very short notice domestically and occasionally internationally. Candidates must have a current valid driver's license and US passport for international travel to be considered.
• Perform service and preventative maintenance of IMAX digital projection and audio equipment through on-site visits and telephone support. Service work at the theatre is mainly carried out after normal business hours.
• Tangible contribution to maintaining target uptime of all IMAX theatres through preventative and emergency servicing
• Responsible for handling and maintaining multi-million dollar equipment in a critical “show must go on” environment
• Dedication to concise and timely reporting of service activities and closure of the service and administrative reporting cycle via custom CRM or other databases.
• Track parts exchanged and ensure parts are returned from the client within the contractual obligations of warranty
• Reduce the number of lost shows by quickly responding, analyzing and correcting problems proactively during site visits.
• Plan and schedule service visits to IMAX theatres which may include hardware and software installation
• Provide written report to the customer at the time of the visit
• Prepare periodic reporting on theatre roster.
• Attention to detail and verification of information in the Technical Services theatre information database
• Train and develop IMAX projectionists/operators.
• Be available for emergency service dispatches and recover systems to normal operation as quickly as possible.
• Be available to travel worldwide, or to change travel plans, on very short notice.
• Respond to all inbound client communications including alerts, emails and phone calls within set timeframes.
• Two to four years at a university, college, or technical school with specialized training in engineering/electronics with a strong computer background. Significant job related experience could substitute for formal education.
• A broad knowledge of electrical systems, and/or electronics. Knowledge of the use of specialized test equipment (including but not limited to volt/ohmmeters, audio test equipment and oscilloscopes) and the ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
• Experience in electronics or computer repairs with specific experience involving anti-static practices when handling and installing electronic cards/boards/hard drives etc.
• .Working knowledge of AC and DC power supplies, experience with working on low voltage, single phase and 3 phase powered equipment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, resourceful, diplomatic, and customer service oriented individual.
• Complex thinking and problem solving skills are required to troubleshoot equipment failures quickly and efficiently
• Strong verbal and written communication skill in English in a clear and concise manner is essential; knowledge of other languages is an asset
• Ability to carry out an effective maintenance routine and order tasks while working within the confines of the customer’s scheduling needs
• The ability to deal with customers, on the phone or in person, who are confused or upset, and to troubleshoot their equipment problem under stressful circumstances.
• Ability to deal with each customer’s unique questions and give advice on operational matters
• Experience with common software and use of PC hardware including but not limited to MS Office Suite, Outlook and Lotus Notes
• Basic knowledge of networking and network communications (ie pinging devices, ip address configuration)
• Working knowledge of FTP protocols and use and telnet and client software/utilities
• Experience with commercial cinema presentation systems (image and sound) is a notable asset
• Background in technical service support with help desk experience, repair bench or network support is a definite asset.
• MS Windows/XP, Networking monitoring and troubleshooting is an asset
• Basic understanding of Microsoft Windows registry is an asset
• Able to work holidays and weekends when necessary
• Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
• Ability to work at heights
• Service work at the theatre is mainly carried out after normal business hours
• The ability and flexibility to travel extensively (up to 75%) domestically and occasionally internationally may be required
• Based from home
• Be available to travel, or to change travel plans, on very short notice
For consideration, please click on the following link to apply, http://www.imax.com/corporate/careers/, and select the “Technical Services” job category, and select “Other” for Location. We thank all applicants for their interest in IMAX but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
IMAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
| IP: Logged
All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
Powered by Infopop Corporation
The Film-Tech Forums are designed for various members related to the cinema industry to express their opinions, viewpoints and testimonials on various products, services and events based upon speculation, personal knowledge and factual information through use, therefore all views represented here allow no liability upon the publishers of this web site and the owners of said views assume no liability for any ill will resulting from these postings. The posts made here are for educational as well as entertainment purposes and as such anyone viewing this portion of the website must accept these views as statements of the author of that opinion
and agrees to release the authors from any and all liability.