Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Classified   » Help Wanted/Seeking Employment   » 35mm / IMAX Projectionist for hire in CA

Author Topic: 35mm / IMAX Projectionist for hire in CA
Kathleen Curley
Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2007 07:39 PM      Profile for Kathleen Curley   Email Kathleen Curley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, my name is Katie and I've been doing projection for about 4 years now. I started out in 35mm at a 10 theater AMC where I ended up being the booth manager. I then moved on to an IMAX theater where I've been working for the past 2 and a half years. Its a fantastic job and I hate to leave it but I'm moving to Los Angeles California on the 22nd of June and I don't think the commute to the East Coast would be cost effective so I'm gonna need a job over there. Projection has been great to me and I loved working in a booth with at least 10 projectors. IMAX is great but hella boring. I miss building up and breaking down prints and being able to watch all the movies from the booth instead of just one movie (I'm not a fan of the new Spider-Man) Plus I'm going to be quite poor in LA so to be able to cut out my greatest expense (movie tickets, I see about 2-5 movies a week) would be fantastic. I can get recommendations up the wazoo for you (I'm dedicated, smart, a bit of a neat freak and a quick learner) just give me a chance!

-Katie-

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: