Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Isco red CinemaScope attachment

Author Topic: Isco red CinemaScope attachment
Colin Penny
Film Handler

- posted 10-01-2019 06:57 PM      Profile for Colin Penny   Email Colin Penny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, I have a decent deal locally on an isco ultrastar plus anamorphic attachment. It’s the compact short one, I see the integrated anamorphic only offer down to around 47mm or so focal length. I did a couple rough calculations based on my throw and screen heigh and require a 30-32mm prime. Will I be able to couple the anamorphic attachment to a prime of ~30mm without vignetting ?

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 10-01-2019 09:34 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ISCO did NOT make detachable "integrated" anamorphics (Schneider did). The only time I've gone that short on Anamorphic is for 16mm film (using Schneider compact anamorphics...they used the same threads on most of their "SC" lens below 50mm.

Not only do I think you'll vignette the lens, I think it will be tricky to even get it out of the projector.

Colin Penny
Film Handler

- posted 10-02-2019 12:09 AM      Profile for Colin Penny   Email Colin Penny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Steve thanks for the reply. This lens is not the integrated anamorphic, I was merely mentioning that the smallest integrated available was 47odd mm and how my anamorphic attachment with a 30mm prime might perform. My screen height is very short, about 6 feet. Throw is 15-20 feet. Hmmmm. Thanks in advance

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: