Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » century/westrex install

Author Topic: century/westrex install
Tim Androes
Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2019 02:35 AM      Profile for Tim Androes   Email Tim Androes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Got a customer who wants to put a Westrex 35mm mag head on his Century SA proj. I've never done this before (or seen it) and was just wondering if there are any major issues with doing so. Doing the work isn't the issue for me, just have never seen this combo. Thanks for any insights/advice that you may wish to contribute.

|  IP: Logged

Phillip Grace
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-05-2019 04:05 AM      Profile for Phillip Grace   Email Phillip Grace   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It should be pretty straight-forward. The Westrex AR-9 mag head should bolt directly onto the top of the projector using the bolt holes for the upper magazine. If the Century projector has four holes for the magazine arm, then it would use the two nearest the operating side. Remove the rear cover from the mag head to get to the bolt holes. The upper magazine then bolts directly to the top of the magnetic head. There ought to be some moveable rollers in the film path after the film passes from the underside of the film driven sprocket. These can be adjusted to correct picture and sound sync. for magnetic replay if necessary. On a couple of occasions I have seen a thin steel spacer between the top of the projector and the mag head - probably to resolve a clearance issue.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: