Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Reccomendation for headphones to outdoor cinema?

Author Topic: Reccomendation for headphones to outdoor cinema?
Andres Kauts
Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2019 05:51 AM      Profile for Andres Kauts   Email Andres Kauts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi

I am looking for wireless headphones for outdoor cinema screenings. Does anyone have experience and recommendation for good solution?

We had a set RF-608 headphones from Go-On working two on frequencies: 863MHz and 925MHz.
At some locations they kept taking in interference from mobile phones (on both frequencies). We often travel with our summer cinema and we could never be sure if we can use the headphones on certain evening or not. To the point that we stopped using headphones completely and only started using speakers.

So we are looking for a new set of headphones. I would be happy to hear if anyone has recommendations for reliable models.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Finn
Film Handler

- posted 05-29-2019 10:57 AM      Profile for Paul Finn   Email Paul Finn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The live entertainment industry uses wireless in-ear-monitor (IEM) systems to provide high quality sound to individual artists on stage. Various types of over-the-ear and in-ear listening hardware is available. Also, various size systems are available depending on the number of users. You may check to see if this type of system would be suitable or adaptable for your application.

In addition there are wireless listening systems available, for the individuals in tour groups visiting a museum for example, that listen with over-the-ear hardware to a live tour leader or a recorded description of the area and exhibits being viewed. These systems may also work for your application.

Paul Finn

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 05-29-2019 12:50 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are these headphones for the patrons, or headphones for technicians only?
There are several "assisted listening" headphone systems available that work either via RF or infrared emitters. They're mono only as far as I know but would be maybe adequate? The included headphones are generally rather poor, many people just use their phone earbuds.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: