Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CP650 Stuck in P2

Author Topic: CP650 Stuck in P2
Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2019 04:48 PM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a used 650 to replace a problematic one. This one wakes up in P2 even though the dip switches are all off. It stays in P2 whether or not the C/O cable is hooked up from the Kinoton. When I hook up the cable, which works fine on the old 650, it still stays in P2 regardless of the projector I switch to. I just saw that there are 2 jumpers on the bottom board for internal C/O switching. I'm going to try those.

|  IP: Logged

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2019 11:01 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Try disconnecting everything from the 9pin "Motor Start"
connector on the back of te unit. Those sometimes had a
jumper installed which would do this.

Take a piece of wire or a clip lead & short pins 2 & 5 and
see if it switches to P1 when U do this.

(If I recall, the CP650 is shipped with 9pin plug with pins
! & 5 jumpered which would force it to P2 "permanently"
If that works, than the problem is with your wiring.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2019 07:21 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I could be mistaken but I thought the included 9 pin jumper only jumped the motor start signal for p1 to ground to enable SR-D playback from a single machine system?

Richard May
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2019 09:11 AM      Profile for Richard May   Email Richard May   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Jim. I already had my C/O cable disconnected from the back. It doesn't matter anyway. I pulled out the CAT772 and someone took off the C/O jumpers and tried to solder the pins. In the process, they melted the board a bit. I just took a board from an old CP 650 that was laying around for parts.

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-18-2019 09:53 AM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Sean, you're absolutely right. I must have been suffering from momentary
mental dyslexia when I was typing that, and got P1 & P2 mixed up. The shorting plug
that comes with the unit would force P1 on the 650 for single projector (platter) operation.

. . and a quick check of the manual confirms this:

-

-

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: