Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » XD10 Problem - won't go into DTS Playback Mode

Author Topic: XD10 Problem - won't go into DTS Playback Mode
Sascha F. Roll
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2018 11:14 PM      Profile for Sascha F. Roll   Email Sascha F. Roll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, seems to be the week of XD10 problems...

I am currently in the progress of replacing my DTS6AD with an XD10, currently on Software 2.00.43.

The XD10 will feed the AUX2 INPUT of a Sony DFP-D3000.
The Automation Pin Assignment is configured for "D3000", Pins 1 and 12 of the XD10 Automation Connector are connected to Pins 34 and 14 on the DFP 3000.

I loaded several Discs with DTS content onto the XD10, without problems. When playing those films the Timecode LED is absolutely stable, but the XD10 won't go into DTS Playback mode. Even using the preloaded Files (Buzz and Bill) didn't force the player into Playback Mode.

The License for DTS Soundtrack playback is present.
Next thing I am going to try is upgrading to the latest Version (2.2.06), hoping that this will solve my probblem.

Has anyone ever had this issue? The unit seems to work fine besides the described problem.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-02-2018 12:27 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Did you set the XD10 up for DTS-6D emulation? I believe it is under the automation menu, but check the manual for specifics. It's in the warehouse here.

Sascha F. Roll
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2018 12:46 AM      Profile for Sascha F. Roll   Email Sascha F. Roll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, did that, still won‘t playback.

One thing I find a bit suspicious is that the unit forgets the type of Automation preset (CP65, CP 650, DFP3000 etc) after every shutdown.

I am currently burning a DVD-R the ISO image of the latest software, I hope this will change something...

Richard Bond
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2018 04:21 AM      Profile for Richard Bond   Email Richard Bond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Sascha, this is my first ever post here although I been a reader for a very long time.
Finally I might have something useful to say....

Your issue may well be, at least in part, to the automation control at the DFP3000.

It is my understanding with the latest firmware, the DFP3000 requires a sustained contact closure on pin 35 to allow Digital 2 (AUX 2) to be selected and held, but this in itself, does not select the Preset that Digital 2 is assigned. You also need to pulse the corresponding Preset automation pin, that matches your Digital 2 Preset.

I think on our old installs we used to have Digital 2 set up on Preset 7
So we needed to tie 35 to 0v perminently and also pulse , in our example pin 10 to 0v, to select Preset 7. This would then select Digital 2.

If pin 35 is not held then the processor will fall back to SR or whatever Preset is set in the DFP3000 as a fall back.

If you want to prove the XD10 is outputting audio properly through the DFP you could also just link pin 35 to 0v (pins 14,15,16 or 17) , and manually switch to Digital 2 for a test.

It might also be worth checking your pin numbering, my manual says pin 34 is the AUX 1 Digital ok signal, and 35 is the AUX 2 Digital ok signal.

I hope this is of some help

Sascha F. Roll
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2018 06:52 AM      Profile for Sascha F. Roll   Email Sascha F. Roll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, another update:

After successfully updating the XD10 to the latest software it now won‘t go into „READY“, it stays in „AUDIO SWITCHING“.

I can still load content onto the XD10 und play around with the settings, but no DTS Playback.

Ideas?

Jerry Axelsson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2018 10:32 AM      Profile for Jerry Axelsson   Email Jerry Axelsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This might give you some ideas of bad connected hardware inside etc:

http://www.film-tech.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011855#000007

Richard Bond
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2018 03:40 AM      Profile for Richard Bond   Email Richard Bond   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any progress Sascha ?

Allan Lyman
Film Handler

- posted 07-04-2018 05:23 AM      Profile for Allan Lyman   Email Allan Lyman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Sasha
I was just wondering,does the BLUE LED on the XD10,light up?
If not,then its a XD10 problem,not a automation problem.and if I remember correct,it could be that the language selection is enabled.you should then disable it in the menu.

alan

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: