Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Datasat / DTS XD20 License Key

Author Topic: Datasat / DTS XD20 License Key
Hannes Ziegenhorn
Film Handler

- posted 05-09-2018 08:07 AM      Profile for Hannes Ziegenhorn   Email Hannes Ziegenhorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello

I got an DTS XD20 that was used as a CSS unit in a cinema.
For 35mm DTS with timecode I need a license for audio playback.
Where coult I get such a license key or is there some other way to enable the audio playback?
I would appreciate your help, as I´d love to use an XD20 in my home-cinema!

Thanks
Hannes

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-09-2018 08:47 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Your best bet, probably is ATI, the parent company of Datasat. They probably have the software that could generate the license key. It will probably be a winding path of trying to get to the right person though. In the USA, many of the DTS/Datasat film people are still there, believe it or not so people familiar with the XD20 exist.

ATI is horrendously slow at updating their websites though. You'd never know that the current cinema processor is the AP25 though it has been shipping now for a couple of months.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 05-09-2018 10:25 AM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL! ATI is a horrendous company overall... Good luck!

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 05-09-2018 05:56 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan Taylor is heading up the cinema stuff. They were at Cinema Con with the BGW 16-channel amplifier as well as the AP25.

It's all "Made in USA" so there is that.

Hannes Ziegenhorn
Film Handler

- posted 05-17-2018 05:28 AM      Profile for Hannes Ziegenhorn   Email Hannes Ziegenhorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I received a new license key for the XD20, works fine
Thanks for the support.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: