Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » sorry all need help again with co-cm and man/aut

Author Topic: sorry all need help again with co-cm and man/aut
Neil Spreadbury
Film Handler

- posted 04-09-2018 01:32 PM      Profile for Neil Spreadbury   Email Neil Spreadbury   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi to all thank you all for your help and kind words over the last few weeks.
not been on forum for a few days, had a very ill cat and spent a lot of time with vet and cat....but thank god the is doing just fine now on some good meds....

ok can someone advices me please on CO-CM blue button....and.. MAN OFF AUT switch. what are they for??? I done all the rest and are all working.

-

as always thank you for your time and help.

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 04-10-2018 02:28 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Neil, you are new, but we have a very strictly enforced rule here of no teaser subject titles for discussion threads. "Sorry all need help again" doesn't tell people what the topic is about. Please edit the thread title. Thanks.

Neil Spreadbury
Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2018 08:15 AM      Profile for Neil Spreadbury   Email Neil Spreadbury   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi sorry Brad I just forgot I will sort it. thanks for heads up.

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 04-10-2018 08:31 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The MAN-OFF-AUT switch is typically for rectifier/lamp control: off is obvious, MAN means the rectifier can be on but the lamphouse autostrike is disabled and you have to manually press a strike button to light the lamp, and AUT means the lamp strikes automatically when the rectifier comes om.
The CO-CM button...? Maybe activates the changeover shutter?
What is this unit? If it's a simple automation for platter operation that may be a cue button to advance the program should a film cue be missed.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-10-2018 08:41 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Given that it's next to the dowser button and below the motor controls, maybe the yellow one is c/o shutter open, and the blue one is c/o shutter close? Failing that, the only thing I can suggest is to push it, and see what (if anything) happens. CO-CM appears to have its own fuse, so it's obviously a discrete circuit for something.

Hope Kitty is feeling better. One of mine got into a territory dispute with an opossum the other day, which ended with a visit to the vet and quite an impressive pet insurance claim. Fixing projectors is child's play compared to persuading a cat to ingest the contents of a syringe that she doesn't like the taste of...

Geoff Newitt
Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2018 11:06 AM      Profile for Geoff Newitt   Email Geoff Newitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a Cinemeccanica CC4000H console - common as you like in the UK for at least 20 years, being standard kit in Odeon multis, UCIs, etc.

The Off/Auto/Manual switch is indeed rectifier/lamp control. Its function will depend slightly on whether the auto-strike link is present in the Irem (usually) igniter. Off is self explanatory; Manual closes the rectifier contactor, and if the link is present the lamp will strike (press the red Strike button on the lamphouse door otherwise); Auto closes the rectifier contactor when you run the motor - the lamp will strike if the link is present and switch off when the motor stops.

The blue and yellow buttons are the dowser controls; if memory serves (and it's been a while!) yellow is open. My Italian is sketchy (at best!) - I seem to recall that CO-CM relates to the Italian for 'changeover', a nicely archaic term on what is very much a multiplex projector. Note that the dowser closes when the motor is stopped. The dowser on the Vic 5 (which I think is what you have) is relatively flimsy and will warp and then burn through if a big enough lamp is left to shine on it for long enough. There is a more substantial manual dowser on the front of the lamphouse - a pitfall if one had been doing certain types of maintenance in the morning and forgot to reopen it before showtime!

'Relay SIC' is the fire alarm connection, and was often also used for the 'polyester film tension sensor' to stop the show in the event of a wrap-round with poly film. The red button would light up when the relay was activated, and you had to clear the fault and press the button before you could continue.

There were a number of variations of the control panel over the years, from the cosmetic (round buttons rather than square) to the more involved - the CC4000H was certainly contemporary with the old cam type automation, but I think had been superseded by the CC7040H by the time Vector 500 & 1000 automations came along. The version with the the cam automation included a 'pulse' button to advance the auto, for example.

Neil Spreadbury
Film Handler

- posted 04-10-2018 02:42 PM      Profile for Neil Spreadbury   Email Neil Spreadbury   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as always all a great help and I thank you all very much.
with my v5 I had to do a total rewire as it had been hacked to its death. but with all the help of forum I made a lot of head way. I have changed the lamphouse to a standard lamp. with no igniter.....got motor running with inverter...got new belts on and spare set....it was just the dowser and co-cm to sort out.
I have cleaned all parts....rewired sound readers...got cp65 and got da20 on its way to me... all down to you good guys on here. so a big thank you to you all for help.. and making me feel so welcome on your forum.

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 04-10-2018 04:24 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please keep us updated on your progress with this setup!

- Carsten

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 04-11-2018 02:54 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I guess the "CM" is the shorthand for "commutazione".

quote: Leo Enticknap
Fixing projectors is child's play compared to persuading a cat to ingest the contents of a syringe that she doesn't like the taste of...
It took a while before I got that one under control and it requires to develop some kind of special skill, where you first manage to open the mouth of kitty, manage to get the syringe into the mouth and then deploy the entire shot at once.

Still, "feeding" your cat (the contents of) a syringe beats feeding it pills, because they do have the tendency to hide them from you and spit it out later on. The best indication if they actually swallowed it, is when they start licking their nose.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 04-11-2018 07:45 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The labeling of that panel seems to be a weird mix of Italian (e.g. "monofase," which I guess means single phase) and English. It's as if the person who designed it at the Cinemeccanica factory knew most of the English terminology to go on the labels, but not all, and ran out of time to look up the remaining phrases.

quote: Marcel Birgelen
Still, "feeding" your cat (the contents of) a syringe beats feeding it pills, because they do have the tendency to hide them from you and spit it out later on.
For precisely that reason, I'm guessing, our vet simply prescribes everything in liquid form. It's a challenge enough for a cat, but feeding a 150lb pitbull a pill he doesn't fancy? No thanks...

Neil Spreadbury
Film Handler

- posted 04-11-2018 01:53 PM      Profile for Neil Spreadbury   Email Neil Spreadbury   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you all for your reply's. I get it all now.
as I am a home user I don't think I need the blue button co-cm.
I hope I got that right, the yellow button is dowser not to important as I can do it manual... I have managed with Italian this far.... trying to get it right.

as for the my cat buttons, had the all clear from the vet tonight. he is just fine and can now go out. after 3 week indoors, blood test shows extreme anaemia. now he is filling out in size thank god.

yet again sorry for my grammar had a bad school life......

so happy days all round I hope. and now can spend more time on my 35mm v5 restore.

so I thank you all for being there and for understanding.
Neil.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: