Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Help with various pieces of Gear

Author Topic: Help with various pieces of Gear
David Druzisky
Film Handler

- posted 03-12-2018 04:32 PM      Profile for David Druzisky   Email David Druzisky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey folks! First post here after finding the site and getting registered. Thanks for the Add.

I am not in your industry so I thought this would be a great place to get some help with some pieces I recently came into when purchasing a lot speakers that had been removed from a older theater that had shuttered about a decade ago. I participate in the Audio Karma community forums which is a similar message board but for vintage Audio gear so i know it can be weird when someone blows in and asks about values and such. In this case I have a few pieces I am hoping I can get an understanding of and some advice on where to sell it. I hope this is the correct spot to ask those types of questions.

Along with some nice old Altec, EV and JBL speakers that I have since restored and or passed on to others, in the collection were a few projection camera lenses as well as some older sound equipment. My guess is that the older Dolby gear is probably dated by now and you all can let me know on that. The lenses are really good looking but again I am uncertain if they are something still used and in demand or not. Here is a quick list:
Lenses:
Isco- Gottingen Cinelux-Anamorphic MC 2X (2)
Isco-Gottingen MC Magna-Com 65 Mag (2)

Equipment:
Component EngineeringCo. MS-55 Booth Monitor
DTS DTS-6 Digital Timecode CD-Rom System
Ultra Stereo JS-200 Series35mm Sounds Processor JPS-100
Model CM-35 6 channel monitor
Digitech Digital Delay System RDS 1900

7 QSC amps - I know about those.

Thanks a bunch ahead of time. I see there is a classified section here on the site and I would much rather sell things here than on that big auction site if appropriate.

There is a background story about where this stuff came from. I purchased this all from the sister of a local projectionist Mark Irwin. He had purchased it when a local older theater here was closed down and it all was in his storage in his yard along with other misc things. Apparently there was projection equipment as well but his sister took that to a local recyler (sorry as I was too late).
Apparently Mark was murdered a couple years ago by an ex-acquaintance that I believe was in need of money to fund a drug addiction. Mark was a IATSE member and his sister said he worked Sundance etc. Crazy sad unfortunate for sure.

|  IP: Logged

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 03-12-2018 05:49 PM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is probably not a single item on this list that is worth more than 25-50 US$.

This is gear from analog film days (and not even the most recent). You probably know that prices for that type of gear vary quite bit - someone may just need/want that specific part in order to replace an identical broken device with the lowest amount of effort, so he may spend more than the equipment is worth. If you google or search ebay for these items, you will find this confirmed. Most of these things were in use in large quantities from early nineties until around 2010, then sold or junked in equally large quantities.

- Carsten

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2018 12:30 AM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article187343078.html

Carsten Kurz
Film God

- posted 03-13-2018 09:11 AM      Profile for Carsten Kurz   Email Carsten Kurz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually you may get a bit more than 50US$ from the anamorphics, they are often sought after by amateur/semipro film makers as 'cheap' solutions for anamorphic shooting.

- Carsten

David Druzisky
Film Handler

- posted 03-13-2018 11:23 AM      Profile for David Druzisky   Email David Druzisky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thanks. I am not surprised that this stuff wouldn't be worth much on the open market. Digital has pushed many things to the trash bin and my guess was video was no exception. In my main hobby of audio, analog still holds a share of the market. I will probably list them in the event someone is in need of parts or a back-up replacement piece.

I did see that the anamorphic lenses were generating some higher value prices on ebay which makes a bit more sense.

Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-14-2018 12:50 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe that Markus Lemm is looking to purchase a CM-35 Booth Monitor. Contact markus@capitolprojection.com

WTB Booth Monitor

David Druzisky
Film Handler

- posted 03-16-2018 05:45 PM      Profile for David Druzisky   Email David Druzisky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jonathan. I emailed Markus.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: