Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Help with DTS discs

Author Topic: Help with DTS discs
Kieran Hall
Film Handler

- posted 02-01-2018 07:15 PM      Profile for Kieran Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Kieran Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey everyone

We're due to show Amélie in 35mm a week on Tuesday, however as luck would have it after spending a fair bit of money on re-LEDing and re-aligning our analogue and SR-D basement readers, our CP500 went into bypass during our last 35mm show a few days ago.

We're pretty sure it's a PSU issue and luckily we have a few spare CP500 chassis and cards stockpiled so we should be up and running again in plenty of time, but we're a bit antsy about running without a backup until we trust our setup again. We've been in touch with Deluxe and they say the DTS discs are missing from the print, so is there anybody who could very kindly help out with this? Of course, we'll burn a set and return them with the print.

At least we only have School of Rock (and another film I can't mention here, because it's supposed to be secret and I know people will Google!) the week after (both titles are 35mm only here) and then that'll probably be us done with repertory 35mm until autumn. We should be all OK by then, though -- fingers crossed -- but please do shout up if you can help if the worst comes to the worst, or if you happen to have the discs readily to hand. [Smile]

Thank you very much,
Kieran

|  IP: Logged

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-02-2018 03:15 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
Sent you the files.

Kieran Hall
Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2018 04:39 AM      Profile for Kieran Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Kieran Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you Brad for sending over the files for School of Rock and the other film.

If anybody else has the files for Amélie, we would be very grateful indeed if you could help us out with these.

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-04-2018 11:09 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Brad - do you have DTS disks for Drag Me to Hell 2009?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 02-05-2018 03:03 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I probably have the files in the archive, but private email serves a much better purpose here.

Markus Lemm
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-06-2018 08:07 AM      Profile for Markus Lemm   Author's Homepage   Email Markus Lemm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a copy of 'Drag me to hell' DTS discs. Send me a message and I'll send you a dropbox link.

Kieran Hall
Film Handler

- posted 02-09-2018 10:48 AM      Profile for Kieran Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Kieran Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm just quickly bumping this as our screening of Amélie is on Tuesday -- I hope this is OK.

Our Dolby processor should be fine now but if anybody has the discs as a backup that would be an incredible help.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: