Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Cinemeccanica C/65

Author Topic: Cinemeccanica C/65
Mikael Christensen
Film Handler

- posted 01-18-2018 01:40 PM      Profile for Mikael Christensen   Email Mikael Christensen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need diagrams of amplifires and the rack, anyone who can help ?

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 01-19-2018 09:46 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Carry to nearest dumpster. Insert. Walk away.

Peter Hall
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-19-2018 09:58 AM      Profile for Peter Hall   Author's Homepage   Email Peter Hall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WD40 the switches, then walk away.

Mikael Christensen
Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2018 02:53 AM      Profile for Mikael Christensen   Email Mikael Christensen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wery usefull ansver fuckheads !

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 01-20-2018 10:05 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yet another privileged one.

Their answers are as useful as your questions.

So, maybe formulate your question in a way someone might understand what exactly you're asking and add a little dose of respect? You might actually get what you want.

Mikael Christensen
Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2018 02:22 AM      Profile for Mikael Christensen   Email Mikael Christensen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I think the question should be obviously !
So the response from the two "gentlemen",was not very helpful.
If they think C/65 is crap, that's ok by me :-)
Apparently these two are divine experts on this forum !!!

Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2018 07:00 AM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did have a diagram, somewhere for that, but I am not sure if i cleared them out a long time back, when we stopped using them in the mid 90s. I may have kept them in a folder. I can have a look next time I'm working, but don't hold your breath. They did an OK job at the time and for us were reliable. Of course when we moved onto modern speakers they didn't have the power to drive.

Mikael Christensen
Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2018 07:37 AM      Profile for Mikael Christensen   Email Mikael Christensen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can you remember what the output impedance is ?

Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2018 02:14 PM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm afraid I don't, sorry. I know were were driving into a 8 ohm load with them but i don't know the output impedance. If i find any info or old diagrams i will let you know.

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 01-22-2018 08:15 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
sorry but i was so happy the day i put all the cinnemecanica amps and paperwork in the bin they are a terrible unreliable amp switchs that get so noisy they pop the output drivers power transformers that the leads short to the case had several that cell bias switch shorted blowing up solar cells and anyone designing a output stage using a pair of 2N222's is daft
do yoursekf a favor scrap them

Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-27-2018 06:56 AM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear Mikael,

I'm afraid that after a good look around, I am unable to locate the diagrams either. If they do ever turn up I will let you know.
From this thread, it appears that we were the only ones (we had them in two screens) that got by without problems from them. Possibly helped by the fact we never switched the switches off and they went off with the main breaker. Well they did the job in the day, stopped using them in 1993 and 2000 respectively in the two screens we had them.

Sorry I can't be more help.

Mikael Christensen
Film Handler

- posted 01-29-2018 12:35 PM      Profile for Mikael Christensen   Email Mikael Christensen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats ok.
Thank you for your effort :-)

Steve Roberts
Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2018 01:00 PM      Profile for Steve Roberts   Email Steve Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure I have the circuit you are looking for in the Cinemaccanica Victoria 8 book.
I worked on C65 in lots of cinemas and we never had any problems with them. I even install one on my DP70's at home in 2004.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: