Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Lamp House & Lens Information

Author Topic: Lamp House & Lens Information
Steve McAndrew
Film Handler

- posted 10-31-2017 03:50 PM      Profile for Steve McAndrew   Email Steve McAndrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just bought a 'job lot' of equipment, included in it are two Cinelux Anamorphic MC lenses, on both the graduated ring is just loose and one of them the ring doesnt even seem to be attached to the lens. They don't seem to be broken as such, I wonder if anyone can give me some info on these lenses?

The equipment also included two Auto-Arc Xenon lamp houses, does anyone have any documentation for these?

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Steve Roberts
Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2017 01:37 AM      Profile for Steve Roberts   Email Steve Roberts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will look at my stock of lenses as I am sure I have one of the Cinelux Anamorphic MC lenses.

The AutoArc was made as a carbon arc, the xenon conversions were carried out by several different people but the most popular one was by the makers of the AutoArc Morganite Ltd. If your AutoArc has a rod to which the arms that carry the lamp are fixed and the rod comes out of the front of the lamp house to a black knob which is the lamp focus adjustment then that is a Morganite conversion.
It was made to take different size lamps as the arms that hold the lamp can be moved apart. It is limited by the size of the IRAM strike unit and the mirror. It takes the standard E53
mirror.
If you need any more information email me.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: