Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Question: Simplex XL original oil will work okey on Kinoton PK60D ?

Author Topic: Question: Simplex XL original oil will work okey on Kinoton PK60D ?
Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2017 09:32 PM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I need to fill of correctlly oil on my Kinoton PK60D's , i have some unopened bottles of Simplex XL oil, i read on the Kinoton manual that the oil need to be speciffically without detergent, my question is if i use the Simplex oil on place of the Kinoton oil will damage or disgast the intermittent components? i know that Kinoton have a nylon coupler that connect the starwhell shaft to the intermittent sprocket shaft to adjust frame, Simplex oil contains detergent?

any help Thank you,

Martin

|  IP: Logged

John Eickhof
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-12-2017 10:44 PM      Profile for John Eickhof   Author's Homepage   Email John Eickhof   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if the oil is genuine simplex oil it is a wax free non detergent oil of low viscosity (iso wf32)and should work just fine.

Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-13-2017 07:05 PM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello John, Thank you, yes there are original unopened Simplex XL oil, Thank you again, Martin

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2017 11:23 AM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Simplex and Kinoton oil is very different. Simplex was a straight weight SAE 10 Non Detergent oil. Kinoton was Shell Tellus T37 High Performance Hydraulic Oil.

There was a Film-Tech discussion regarding this here.

Martin Daian
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-14-2017 04:22 PM      Profile for Martin Daian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Mitchell, yes i note that viscoscity difference between the simplex and the original kinoton oil, i not that simplex oil is more lightweight than the kinoton oil, but John confirms that the Simplex oil not have detergent and that is important that detergent will cause in the time some disgasts on the steels and will affect the intermittent plastic nylon or teflon coupling, Mitchell what will be the difference using a light weight oil instead a more fat oil?

Thank you for the help and for your time,
Martin

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2017 01:16 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
> Mitchell what will be the difference using a light weight oil instead a more fat oil?

I do not know. Perhaps someone else could answer this question.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: