Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 35MM Reel-to-Reel conversion/install

Author Topic: 35MM Reel-to-Reel conversion/install
Ethan Dutcher
Film Handler

- posted 03-20-2017 12:13 PM      Profile for Ethan Dutcher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello All,

I know this will seem like a strange request, but I am looking for an installer/integrator for a 35MM reel-to-reel conversion. We currently have a century Simplex projector with a Christie platter system and are finding it is becoming increasingly difficult to get prints due to our platter system. We have four Strong Millennium projectors in storage from a theatre that went digital down the road, and we are looking for someone that would be able to convert them to a reel-to-reel system and install in the current booth.

Again, I know this is odd thing to be looking into currently, but our 35MM programming is very important to us and we would like to be able to continue showing 35MM prints for as long as possible. This is a project we are hoping to start within the next year or so after we get a better idea on costs and how long we might need to be down for. We currently only play 35MM twice a month, the rest of our programming is DCP.

Any advice/contacts would be greatly appreciated.

|  IP: Logged

Donald Brown
Expert Film Handler

- posted 03-20-2017 06:13 PM      Profile for Donald Brown   Email Donald Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Florida one of the most well established references would be Steve Kramms at International Cinema Equipment in Miami.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: