Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Commands between ICMP and Dolby CP650 and DMA8plus

Author Topic: Commands between ICMP and Dolby CP650 and DMA8plus
Petr Haskovec
Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2017 06:17 AM      Profile for Petr Haskovec   Author's Homepage   Email Petr Haskovec   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

I would like to ask, if anybody have an experience with automation commads between Barco ICMP and Dolby CP650 and DMA8plus.

I have installed ICMP with CP750 and commands works correctly.

Now I have in cinema CP650 and DMA8Plus.
I installed xml file from Barco for CP650 and works only commands for mid fader, other doesn't work [Confused] .

For CP650 works only fader_level=50\0D\0A and for example fader_level=70\0D\0a doesn't work.

Commands for DMA8Plus dma8plus.sys.input_mode dig_1 doesn't work too. Itīs the same as for Dolby CP750.

Old server DSS200 doesn't have a problem with communications.

Do you have anybody connect this devices with ICMP.

Many thanks for advice.

Petr

|  IP: Logged

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 02-28-2017 10:51 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Between a Dolby server and a Dolby CP it's easy, because the two are designed to talk to each other. All you need to do is tell the DSS server the IP address of your CP and what model it is in the config script, and then the cues are all there, ready to drop in to your SPLs.

With the Alchemy, of course, you've got to write the commands yourself, and figure out how to get them into the CP's ethernet interface. The fact that the Alchemy doesn't have a serial port rules out that option, too.

I need to figure this out with our Alchemy and AP20, too, but I've had so much on my plate that is further up the priority list that I haven't had time. Back to manual show functions at the moment (not hard with both the Alchemy front end and the AP20 VNC window running on the same computer, but for geeky satisfaction purposes I'd like to get the automation cues working again).

Petr Haskovec
Film Handler

- posted 02-28-2017 01:20 PM      Profile for Petr Haskovec   Author's Homepage   Email Petr Haskovec   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So NOW everything working well.

DMA8Plus have a port 61408 not 61412(they have this port number in manual).

CP650 I reboot and install again xml config, reboot ICMP, disconnect DSS200 and all commands work.

What about AP20 commands It works only in text in ICMP you must used carriege return in HEX \0D not\r. From Doremi works \r.
Petr

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 02-28-2017 07:30 PM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The CP650 has rather ancient and limited network hardware - it was the first Dolby processor to have a network port (and it was not supported on early software releases).
It's not unusual for these to lock up while trying to set up server automation commands: if a command being tried is not exactly right, the network port hangs up and is unable to accept another connection/command. A 650 reboot resolves that.
Once you get your server's CP650 command set figured out and working the processor automation is quite reliable, but still might need a reboot on rare occasions if it does stop obeying the commands.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 03-01-2017 05:52 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave is spot on there. If that port gets "flooded" it will absolutely lock up. BTW, moderators, this topic should be moved to the Digital forum as it is not a "film" based topic.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: