Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Sony CCZ-A Cable (SDDS 2000 system reader cable)

Author Topic: Sony CCZ-A Cable (SDDS 2000 system reader cable)
Sascha F. Roll
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-26-2017 09:36 AM      Profile for Sascha F. Roll   Email Sascha F. Roll   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As it is VERY hard to find CCZ-A cables here in germany i was curious if anyone ever custom-made one of these?

All the best from Berlin
Sascha

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 02-26-2017 11:50 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know WE never did. I believe it was a similar, if not identical, cable to one a Sony video camera used.

We did make our own SDDS 3000 series cables but not in the conventional way, we ran separate video (RG59) and power cables and terminated them in the 5W4 connector (I think that was the connector). We've also successfully spliced the prefabbed ends onto such cable. You are running SDI on the coax so that is the signal quality (bandwidth) you must maintain on the 3000.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 02-26-2017 05:37 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It is a standard Sony video cable. Markertek sells them in the US. You don't want to see the price. I don't know if they ship to Germany.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: