Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby analog reader pin-out config

Author Topic: Dolby analog reader pin-out config
Garry Knapp
Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2016 03:32 AM      Profile for Garry Knapp   Author's Homepage   Email Garry Knapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Working on my Vic5 and looking for any info on the analog reader that came with this one. Seems they vary...this PCB is made by Cinemecannica with a pros D08140. I am primarily concerned with the power pins...
 -

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Wood
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-01-2016 05:31 PM      Profile for Jonathan Wood   Email Jonathan Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gary ,
There were two types of board a horizontal and vertical one , it looks like u have the vertical one but in any case the pin outs are as follows:
Signal is Pins 1-6 Pin 1 being the outer one.
Pin 1 - L+
Pin 2 - Ground
Pin 3 - L-
Pin 4 - R+
Pin 5 - Ground
Pin 6 - R-

Supply Rail is Pins 1 -3, Pin 3 being the outer one.
Pin 1 - +ve anything between 12 and 24 volts. Draws around 100mA.
Pin 2 - No connection.

Pin 3 - -ve do not ground.

Be careful not to reverse the DC or you will destroy the board!

. I used the above to wire my board up and it all works fine. Good luck. Jon

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 11-01-2016 07:20 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
These and the Kinoton boards sold in new projectors tended to use the CP650 +/- 15 as the preamp power source.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 11-02-2016 06:25 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Um...no. Kinoton used their own LED driver board to power the preamp module. Kinoton had three different varieties of LED driver boards (one that was completely independent and needed its own AC supply of 120 or 230V) and two that used the 24V within the projector to generate what it needed for both preamps and the LEDs. I haven't met one Kinoton projector that was new from the factory or even a retrofit that didn't have the preamp powered from the its own board with a factory provided cable.

Perhaps you are thinking of the digital SR*D board? All of those were driven from their respective SR*D processors.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 11-02-2016 09:50 AM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I'm thinking of Cinemeccanica which was the focus of the topic. It was an impractical idea in any case, but it saved a few $$.

Garry Knapp
Film Handler

- posted 12-12-2016 05:16 AM      Profile for Garry Knapp   Author's Homepage   Email Garry Knapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its working! [Smile]
I managed to get music thru (via non-sync) and audio off the film. Music plays fine but the soundtrack is missing one channel. Hopefully its not a difficult fix...
thanks guys [Smile]

Jonathan Wood
Expert Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2016 10:09 AM      Profile for Jonathan Wood   Email Jonathan Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gary, which channel is missing?
Glad you've got it working .

Garry Knapp
Film Handler

- posted 12-15-2016 05:01 PM      Profile for Garry Knapp   Author's Homepage   Email Garry Knapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the right is sort-of missing. i can hear a tiny bit there and its crackly.

Garry Knapp
Film Handler

- posted 12-19-2016 04:17 AM      Profile for Garry Knapp   Author's Homepage   Email Garry Knapp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
update: RH side is better after playing around with the lateral adj on the reader. still a bit crackly, but it seems to improve the more it gets used.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: