Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Circuit for Auditec 2084 amp

Author Topic: Circuit for Auditec 2084 amp
Lindsay Morris
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2016 02:47 AM      Profile for Lindsay Morris   Email Lindsay Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one for any Aussie folk as I doubt any of these amps went anywhere else being made in Sydney NSW Australia.

I have a dead 2084 amp which is 300W per side as well as a 2033 which is only 100W per side & the 2033 is a good goer for which I have a circuit of.
The 2084 had some rather obvious sad looking power supply caps & after replacing those it was still totally dead.
Dragged the 2033 circuit out expecting the 2084 to be similar but with just a couple of extra power transistors in the output. Nope not a chance the 2084 is a weird beast as compared to the 2033 which uses a MJI5023 & a MJI5024 in each push pull output.
The 2084 however uses a parallel pair of MJI5024 on each side of what looks to be a push pull setup which rather strange as one would expect a NPN/PNP arrangement in there & not all 4 the same type. This is as made by the factory as the soldering appears to have never been touched to have substituted 5024's for what I think should be 5023's.
Trying to trace the PCB is sending me down many blind alleys so I tried to locate the original owner of the business & did so in the hope of securing a circuit but was gruffly told "we ceased supporting those 10 years ago"...end of story.
As there were many of the 2084 units sold into Australian cinemas I am hoping that a member here just might have clue as to where I can source a circuit.
From what I understand they were a rather good amp with many being used in bridge mode. Often in sub woofer setups.
For my purposes the 2084 is total overkill but I have not been able to locate another 2033 to use in my screening room & I thought I would be able to get the beast going with a simple power supply re-cap job. [Roll Eyes]
Fingers crossed.

Lindsay

|  IP: Logged

Peter Foyster
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-17-2016 04:13 AM      Profile for Peter Foyster   Email Peter Foyster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have two Auditec K112 120 watt single channel amplifiers if they are of any use to you.

Alternatively, I could let you have the 2033 that I am currently using in my home cinema and install the mono amps instead (assuming they work).

Lindsay Morris
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2016 05:23 AM      Profile for Lindsay Morris   Email Lindsay Morris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter, Thank you for your kind offer of the 2033 but I have a plan to swap this 2084 when I get it going finally for a 2033. The other bloke will then have 2 x 2084 & I will have 2 x 2033 [Smile]

I might wish to purchase the 120W units if you wish to sell them as I have a small project on that requires solid state amps (2 of)that have 100V line transformer outputs which I think the K112 has...must check my circuit of that beast.

Lindsay

So Still looking for a 2084 circuit. [thumbsup]

Peter Foyster
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-19-2016 06:16 AM      Profile for Peter Foyster   Email Peter Foyster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lindsay,
Yes, the K112 has a standard speaker output and a balanced output with 50v, 70v or 100v pins.

I would be happy to give you one or both of these amplifiers in exchange for you looking at a GUVT monitor mixer which was ripped out of service with just a cable and bare wires left hanging off it. I am sure you would be able to determine what was what!

Of course, none of this stuff is probably much use to me as my 6 metre screen came down in last night's storm. The three steel supports were still in their concrete footings but were bent over at the base. The force of the wind must have been incredible. I will now need to see if it is worth fixing or just cutting up for scrap.

System Notices
Forum Watchdog / Soup Nazi

- posted 11-10-2018 04:45 PM      Profile for System Notices         Edit/Delete Post 

It has been 782 days since the last post.

Mark Walmsley
Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2018 04:45 PM      Profile for Mark Walmsley   Email Mark Walmsley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Lindsay, I have an Auditec 2033 that stopped working in spectacular fashion recently! Copious smoke was emitted along with a high pitched whine shortly before it stopped working. Could I possibly double you for a copy of the schematic that you mentioned? I would of course be happy to pay you. many thanks Mark Walmsley

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: