Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby DA20 Not lighting up

Author Topic: Dolby DA20 Not lighting up
Max Hayman
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2016 06:22 AM      Profile for Max Hayman   Email Max Hayman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey there,

We have a Dolby DA-20 for our SR-D reading and for some reason recently none of the lights have been lighting up on it. I tried using a different kettle lead, in case the fuse had blown in it, however it still looks dead.

Is there any obvious internal fuses or anything which could be causing the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have checked the 2 fuses by the power entry model and they appear to be okay.

|  IP: Logged

Marco Giustini
Film God

- posted 08-22-2016 07:39 AM      Profile for Marco Giustini   Email Marco Giustini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
not too familiar with the DA20 but if you checked the fuses and NONE of the lights turn on inside (I'm assuming you have removed the front panel) then I guess you may need a new power supply.

Fabian Schreyer
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2016 11:09 AM      Profile for Fabian Schreyer   Email Fabian Schreyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You probably need a new power supply. They are well known to die down.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 08-22-2016 11:51 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dunno if Dolby still officially supports the DA20, but if a replacement PSU isn't available through official channels, the last I looked, used DA20s said to be working went for around £100 on Ebay. The advantage of going this route would have that you'd have other spares to cannibalize if you ever needed them, too.

Max Hayman
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2016 12:49 PM      Profile for Max Hayman   Email Max Hayman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys.

I will get onto our supplier. If not £100 doesn't seem like too steep of a price.

Will let you guys know if I have any problems.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 08-22-2016 01:42 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you watch EPay you can buy a complete working DA-20 for 50 USD (I did). Don't waste your time fixing that power supply. But do keep the old DA-20 for it's good spares.

Mark

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: