Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 1980s 3D setup video

Author Topic: 1980s 3D setup video
Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-01-2016 05:18 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOJVl5_kEKA

I came across this randomly, but it seems like a reasonable overview of how to set up an over/under 3D system (aka "dim-o-vision").

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-02-2016 11:39 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow...

Could they have picked a more run-down theatre (and booth) in 1983? Those seats looked horrible!

But yes, that was what it was like back then. We never had the 3D Video brand stuff here. For the 1980s, Marks was used for Coming at Ya, Sirrius for Space Hunter, Paramount's Box for Friday the 13th part 3 and for the rest, including revivals it was Stereovision (both custom and adjustable variants).

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2016 12:13 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The fellow made the installation look so easy. I helped do this in 1981 and 1982 and I promise you, it wasn't that easy.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 07-02-2016 12:20 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, I thought that the most amusing moment was how he talked about how expensive the silver screen was and then touched the screen with his hands....

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 07-02-2016 12:39 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish he had demonstrated how to put tape on the port window instead of just explaining to do it. After all nothing says "professional installation" more than tape on the port window. [evil]

Ron Funderburg
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2016 12:43 PM      Profile for Ron Funderburg   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Funderburg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When the company I work for took over this location and I came here there was tape on every window. The first thing I did was get new plates and file them properly to the screen. Yeah, Brad that is one big pet-peeve of mine, no freaking tape on my freaking glass portals.

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2016 01:07 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I especially liked the cardboard coffee cup inside the lamphouse in the path of the light.

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2016 02:28 PM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is comedy gold.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: