Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » SR 70mm magnetic playback on CP 65

Author Topic: SR 70mm magnetic playback on CP 65
Fredrik A Thulin
Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2015 12:20 PM      Profile for Fredrik A Thulin   Author's Homepage   Email Fredrik A Thulin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi everybody.
I have just installed a pair of 70/35mm projectors at a new arthouse cinema. I am using a CP 65 for the magnetic sound, and a cat 222SR/A card with two cat 300 cards. The CP 65 are of a later date, all prepared for the cat 222 SR/A card. But how do I configure the processor so it can use the SR magnetic playback. Is there a manual for this somewhere?

|  IP: Logged

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2015 01:58 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have to point out that the cat 222 sr/a do not have the headroom in sr to handle magnetic tracts. The sr on those cards are sr lite.

Fredrik A Thulin
Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2015 02:31 PM      Profile for Fredrik A Thulin   Author's Homepage   Email Fredrik A Thulin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was afraid of that. I am aware of the problems with cat 222 sr/a as it is not really dolby SR. How do you recommend that I proceed? A cp 200 and switch cards ?
Or I could divert the audio signal through an SR A5 unit?
But that would require som tinkering.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 10-29-2015 02:45 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 65 can only do 4 channels of A type NR, but not SR as was mentioned.

The CP200 with Cat. 280T's SR cards fitted is the ideal way. You could also use outboard SR in 363 frames and then into the CP65. They are fairly cheap on EBay.

Fredrik A Thulin
Film Handler

- posted 10-29-2015 03:15 PM      Profile for Fredrik A Thulin   Author's Homepage   Email Fredrik A Thulin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Would I benefit from installing an external cat 363 for the LE and RE screen channels also? Did any old 5 front prints use dolby A or even SR?

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 10-29-2015 06:20 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There are not enough channels in the CP65 to pass Le, Re.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: