Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » HATEFUL EIGHT 70mm - all discussion (Page 1)

This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  42  43  44 

Author Topic: HATEFUL EIGHT 70mm - all discussion
David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-12-2015 07:05 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please submit any confirmed venues you're aware of.

EDIT - Admin altered the title from "Confirmed HATEFUL EIGHT 70mm locations" since this has become a common thread for all discussion.

[ 12-04-2015, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Brad Miller ]

|  IP: Logged

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2015 12:14 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hateful Eight will play in 70mm at the Astor Theatre in Melbourne, Australia beginning January 14, 2016. Confirmed by theatre Facebook feed.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-15-2015 07:49 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, hell...that would make for an prolonged car ride to see that, for me.

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2015 12:41 PM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I caught another facebook posting that it will be showing in 70mm at the Imperial Bio in Copenhagen Denmark starting January 7th.

-

Stephan Shelley
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2015 01:42 PM      Profile for Stephan Shelley   Email Stephan Shelley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James had better be an Amphicar. Hard to find gas stations on the pacific ocean.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-17-2015 11:23 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like digital presentation for me, then. Balls.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 10-18-2015 01:42 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hoping Brad Miller and his crew get to run The Hateful Eight in 5/70mm like they did with three prints of Interstellar in the Dallas area last year. I'm hoping LOOK Cinemas gets a print. Of course some of this depends on how Star Wars gets booked.

quote: James Westbrook
Looks like digital presentation for me, then. Balls.
DFW is kind of a long haul from Lubbock (over 300 miles each way), but that would be better than nothing.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2015 02:17 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I get astounded by people driving from Midland Odessa to see certain Fathom events, or Amarillo to see Indian movies.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 10-18-2015 02:19 PM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting that the only confirmed venues so far appear to be overseas ones that already play 5/70 regularly.

Fabian Schreyer
Film Handler

- posted 10-18-2015 09:16 PM      Profile for Fabian Schreyer   Email Fabian Schreyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Schauburg cinema in Karlsruhe (Germany) announced the film to be shown starting January 28th.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 10-18-2015 09:57 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe LOOK Cinemas is already confirmed, but I need to absolutely verify that before you go to buy advance tickets. I had them already setup for Ultra Panavision with the 1.25x anamorphic, so it's a complete no-brainer for Weinstein at that site. Just ship the print and that's all is needed.

For those that have been to the revised auditorium at LOOK last year for Interstellar (or for a digital movie afterwards), the screen is something like 65 feet wide and is side masking. In scope (2.40:1) the very bottom edge of the image can just slightly have a head in the bottom of the image from the guy sitting in front of you even with the stadium seating due to the size of the screen. With Ultra Panavision 70mm (2.76:1) we will bring up the bottom masking just slightly to perfectly achieve the ratio. At that point the room shape is truly perfect for this movie.

I don't think any other theater in the area could provide a better presentation. Most screens are smaller, probably just about all of them won't update their masking for this film, and who knows how many will have those godawful silver screens thanks to 3D. The couple of screens that are just slightly larger don't have masking or the motorized masking has been disabled, so forget that nonsense. [Razz]

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 10-18-2015 11:07 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I know is I'll be heading that way late December with my best girl, and probably wearing that 70mm t-shirt to boot. I'll gladly support any theater within reasonable distance that can show 70mm properly. I'll probably even make the 200 mile drive each way even if The Hateful Eight turns out to be a dialog-heavy turd.
[Razz]

Thomas Hauerslev
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2015 12:23 AM      Profile for Thomas Hauerslev   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Hauerslev   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
TH8 70MM shows will be on this list as soon as I get them: http://www.in70mm.com/now_showing/index.htm

Jonathan Jensen
Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2015 11:43 AM      Profile for Jonathan Jensen   Email Jonathan Jensen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Sean Weitzel
I caught another facebook posting that it will be showing in 70mm at the Imperial Bio in Copenhagen Denmark starting January 7th.
I'm curious to where you have read that? Which specific FB page?

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2015 12:06 PM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Facebook group called "Friends of 70mm"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 44 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  42  43  44 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: