Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » 35mm Newbie - Kinoton Lamphouse

Author Topic: 35mm Newbie - Kinoton Lamphouse
Steve McAndrew
Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2015 10:15 AM      Profile for Steve McAndrew   Email Steve McAndrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi
Having collected 16mm film and projectors for many years I have just bought a Kinoton FP20.

I am interested to know if a SuperLumex Lamphouse is a good match for this projector? If so what is involved to install it on the Kinoton?

Thanks in advance.

Steve

|  IP: Logged

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 08-18-2015 12:48 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Super Lume-X is a good lamphouse. You will also need a rectifier for it in order to power the lamp. How big is your screen? That will determine the size of the lamp that you will need. Depending upon what size lamp was previously used in the Super Lume-X, you might need to change out some parts.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 08-18-2015 01:03 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does this FP20 have a lamp house table for the Lumex to sit on? Some newer Kinoton projectors were set up to use a Kinoton lamp house that mounted directly to the projector so no lamp table for an American lamp house.

Steve McAndrew
Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2015 02:14 PM      Profile for Steve McAndrew   Email Steve McAndrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Many thanks for your replies.

The FP20 does have a table/shelf. I presume once aligned you fix the lamp house in position somehow?

I will be using the projector for short throws, so 1Kw (which is the lamp in the unit) should be fine.

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 08-18-2015 02:57 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Throw has nothing to do with it, the light does not get lost on the way to the screen. Screen size is what matters.

Usually you need a US style lamp house table that bolts to the Kinoton shelf.

Steve McAndrew
Film Handler

- posted 08-18-2015 03:00 PM      Profile for Steve McAndrew   Email Steve McAndrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, when I said throw I meant that the screen would be fairly close so therefore the screen size would be small, just a few feet.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: