Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » DTS XD10 AES/EBU option

Author Topic: DTS XD10 AES/EBU option
Fabian Schreyer
Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2015 10:17 AM      Profile for Fabian Schreyer   Email Fabian Schreyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone recall how much was quoted for the AES/EBU option for the XD10 units?

By the way: Were these things sold more often in the US? Here in Germany I have only come across one in many years. And I still have no idea, why it was installed.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 04-06-2015 10:39 AM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It had a US list price of $495.00

Back in the day, DTS partnered with USL to make the XD-10P. One could order the XD10/XD10P combination and they would be connected DIGITALLY so it was "better." Fewer D/A A/D stages. With the "combo" deal, they threw in the Digital out card "for free." The list price for the combo deal was $10,200 US. So think about that the next time anyone bitches about the cost of the various DCinema audio offerings!

I think the XD10P was very poorly named...a mistake they didn't make on the AP20. AP10 would have been a good name.

Any who...the XD10P though nearly identical to the USL JSD80, while having the digital audio input standard, didn't do the AC3 decoding that a JSD80 would do.

Fabian Schreyer
Film Handler

- posted 04-06-2015 01:33 PM      Profile for Fabian Schreyer   Email Fabian Schreyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, Steve!

If anyone wonders what this $495.00 board looks like, here is a photo of it:
 -
(I hope this complies with the board rules; on the rules page it says under 550px wide, on the upload page it says there is a maximum of 800px. I guess the last one is the more up-to-date information?)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: