Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Scheduling

Author Topic: Scheduling
Umberto Parla Greco
Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2015 02:48 AM      Profile for Umberto Parla Greco   Email Umberto Parla Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all [Smile]
I know that this is an argument discussed in other topics, but yet i can't find something that help me to programming my movie theater.
Probably an excel spreadsheet would be fine.
Can anyone help me?
Thanks [Smile]
PS sorry for my english [Razz]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 03-21-2015 12:44 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Do you use ticket software? It might have a scheduler built in. How many screens?

P. s. Your English is fine!

Umberto Parla Greco
Film Handler

- posted 03-21-2015 02:03 PM      Profile for Umberto Parla Greco   Email Umberto Parla Greco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have 5 screens and my ticketing software doesn't make what i want.
It's something simple, i'd like to visualize my screens every day of the week, and visualize when movie starts (with spot and trailer) and when movie finishes.
I read the forum and someone in the past had my same request, but i can't find any solution.
Thanks for answering [Smile]

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 03-21-2015 04:44 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To get what you want without using scheduling software that pulls data directly from your servers, you would have to build your playlist for each feature twice -- once on your server as usual, and a second time on your "visualization" program. You would need to create a database of the runtimes for each pre-show, trailer and feature that you have, then create each playlist and set a start time for each show just like you do on your cinema servers. After that it would be easy to generate a chart showing start and end times for each show on any day that you have the data available for.

I suppose you could get the titles and runtime data off of distribution drives but that would require you to plug each drive into your computer so its contents could be read. Otherwise you would have to enter all of that data manually as needed.

None of the above would be particularly difficult to do, but ultimately,you'll be just about exactly doubling your workload for getting a digital playlist set up since you'll be doing the same work twice.

Justin Hamaker
Film God

- posted 03-21-2015 08:28 PM      Profile for Justin Hamaker   Author's Homepage   Email Justin Hamaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm assuming you want something like a bar graph which has a bar for each showing along a timeline.

Something you might consider is seeing if you can build the report you want from your web site database - assuming you have one. If you don't have the knowledge yourself, then you could ask your web designer to do it for you. It may not be exactly the report you're looking for, but it will get you close.

In a situation like mine, I build the schedule in the theatre management software, then it is exported to the digital cinema management software and our web server. I have to actively import the times to the web database, but that only takes a few second. Then I can run any variety of reports I have created.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: