Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » bought old theatre with all projection equipment SALE? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: bought old theatre with all projection equipment SALE?
Kevin Boyle
Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2014 09:35 PM      Profile for Kevin Boyle   Email Kevin Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I bought a THEATRE and it has simplex e-7 projectors, se-7017 big horn photograph,se7520 power supply speakers, 2 se7020 speakers in big box, I also have Golde rewind machine, separate advertise projector, amplifier photograph 2 of them. It was vacant for 40 years but I found the old guy that used to manage it and he came in and fired it all up and it still worked. Has a splicing station and a bunch of reels. I want to sell all this but don't know how to or how much to sell it for. Please help me if you know anything about this equipment.435-225-9907 kevin

|  IP: Logged

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2014 10:52 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could keep it to show Interstellar!

Harold

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-26-2014 11:20 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it this one, Kevin? http://www.cinematour.com/tour/us/28086.html

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 12-26-2014 11:24 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should post some pictures of the amplifiers and speakers. I don't get the se description.

Where's Dick Prather when we need him?

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-27-2014 02:07 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the Carol Theatre.

Had a friend who lives in Richfield who showed me the Carol Theatre and knew of it's history and who owned it.

The Carol in Monroe, along with the Pamela up in Salina, were owned by one family who named these two theatres after his daughters.

Then, you have the big ol' Huish Theatre located in Richfield(used to be a big single house which was built in 1947 - also with E-7s with Enarc Lamphouses and Simplex Stereo Sound, and now has been transposed into a three plex with the main floor split to a twin and the balcony as it's own separate house .. and now digital) in this area of So. Central Utah.

I know the owner of the Huish.

Good luck with this venture. The stuff posted might have some collectable value for those few and far between.

- Monte

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2014 04:13 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please post pictures. There may be some items I may be interested in.

Cheers

Will

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 12-27-2014 04:19 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The administrators will be erasing your phone number as soon as they see it.

Yes, more pictures, including the bunch of reels.

Scott Norwood
Film God

From: Boston, MA. USA (1774.21 miles northeast of Dallas)

- posted 12-27-2014 04:37 PM      Profile for Scott Norwood   Author's Homepage   Email Scott Norwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be clear to the original poster: most of this equipment has little practical value to most operating theatres (yes, there will be a few exceptions, but they would mostly not have any money to spend on it).

Depending on condition, this stuff might have some value to collectors of old projection and sound equipment. Most likely, the sound system is the most valuable piece, but you would need to post pictures (include shots of the nameplates on everything) in order for the people here to tell you what it is and what it might be worth (or not worth). Unless you can find someone in your area who wants them, you will probably find that the projectors will cost more to ship than they are worth, unfortunately.

Will Kutler
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2014 04:55 PM      Profile for Will Kutler   Email Will Kutler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely true with E-7s. I think I may be one of the biggest E-7 preservationists around? [Big Grin] [beer]

Kevin Boyle
Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2014 07:20 PM      Profile for Kevin Boyle   Email Kevin Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Carol Theatre is almost completely renovated. My wife wanted me to buy it so that she could have a place to put on plays. We have all new neon, the stage has been added to bring it out another 25 feet. I will post pics tomorrow. I love this building. They said we can't use the equipment because it is illegal to use the carbon arcs I guess. It closed with E.T. on the reel, so that says how long it's been.

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 12-27-2014 07:32 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dick Prather passed away about a month ago...

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 12-27-2014 07:57 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kevin Boyle
the stage has been added to bring it out another 25 feet.
What happened inside the old Grove Theatre in Pleasant Grove, UTAH - owner extended the stage for plays.

Kevin Boyle
Film Handler

- posted 12-27-2014 08:19 PM      Profile for Kevin Boyle   Email Kevin Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wont let me post picture for some reason. It is making me mad.I can emial them to people if they think they can help with the projectors and rewinder and splicer and ad projector. Will I would love to send you some pics.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 12-27-2014 08:46 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This message board has some fairly specific limits for picture size and format. Those limits are listed on the "click here to upload an image" webpage.

Are you sure your pictures are in the right format and that they aren't too large?

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 12-27-2014 09:00 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SE designation is the post war Motiograph. Fairly typical for them. Probably field coil speakers. Power supply runs speaker field and exciters with 2 smaller tundr (Gordos) rectifiers that screw in.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: