Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Save Film Petition (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Save Film Petition
Jonathan Wood
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2014 03:40 AM      Profile for Jonathan Wood   Email Jonathan Wood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all, not sure if you have seen this or already signed up but its a great idea I think .

Jon

http://www.savefilm.org

|  IP: Logged

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2014 02:45 PM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Signed.

Do I think it stands a snowballs chance in hell? Of course not. Still, I want my name on the record. I think that cynicism should be put aside, at least for a moment, and everybody who feels this way should sign.

Two cents in and registered.

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 04-23-2014 04:47 PM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Signed. Not optimistic it will do any good. But it didn't hurt to visit the site and sign the petition anyway.

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-23-2014 06:12 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I signed. It did me good! [Smile]

Mark Gulbrandsen
Resident Trollmaster

- posted 04-23-2014 07:40 PM      Profile for Mark Gulbrandsen   Email Mark Gulbrandsen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many CEO's are there at savefilm.org? And how much are they paid? What percentage of the donations are actually used to try to save film? I have to know all this before I can donate.

Mitt Rmoney

Connor Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-16-2014 06:05 PM      Profile for Connor Wilson   Email Connor Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Governor Rmoney, I am more concerned in investing in digital. I am proposing the Affordable Cinema Care Act, which gives every theater in America a Barco DP2K-8S projector.

Everyone needs a fair share.

Barrack Obamba

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-16-2014 06:49 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or if you like your digital projector, you can keep your digital projector, period. Unless it doesn't qualify for the new program, in which case it will be taken out of your booth and you have to buy a new one.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 05-17-2014 08:18 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to see a rule that says you shouldn't use icons or images of film reels, film with sprocket holes or traditional film cameras unless film was used to produce the movie or picture.

I'd give a pass to some kind of hybrid process like when the original shooting is done on film and final distribution is done digitally.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-17-2014 10:21 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't mind film reel icons and such but what I would like to see a ban on is the practice of adding phony splices, dust, scratches and such to any footage to make it appear "old."

And the practice of running said "old" footage at 125% of the correct speed is stupid too.

Leo Enticknap
Film God

- posted 05-17-2014 10:59 AM      Profile for Leo Enticknap   Author's Homepage   Email Leo Enticknap   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
And the practice of running said "old" footage at 125% of the correct speed is stupid too.
It's authentic, though. In the teens and '20s it was common for theaters to run films at higher speeds than instructed by the studios, especially longer ones, to squeeze extra shows into the day. I once came across an issue of the British trade mag Kine Weekly from the mid-20s, with the banner headline "The speeding menace!" on the front page. The arrival of sound ended that problem more or less overnight, because whereas adding a few frames per second to a silent movie would pass without comment from most patrons, you would not have got away with making John Barrymore sound like Mickey Mouse. But running silent movies too fast was a problem that started long before the fixed frame rates of NTSC and PAL.

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-19-2014 08:51 AM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Signed.

Though I'm sure we'll never see a 180 in the mainstream industry, I think there is or will be a niche where this art can continue to live and thrive. I hope [Wink]

Gary Benn
Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2014 01:16 PM      Profile for Gary Benn   Email Gary Benn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Signed

Jarod Reddig
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-04-2014 04:06 PM      Profile for Jarod Reddig   Email Jarod Reddig   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Signed.

Thanks for the heads-up Jonathon. :^)

I agree with others above. May not stand a chance but at least we know we have our names on it in suppport.

Jesse Skeen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-11-2014 05:53 AM      Profile for Jesse Skeen   Email Jesse Skeen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There should've been a petition to save film from the incompetent buffoons many theaters employed to run it!

Shawn Arndt
Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2014 10:06 PM      Profile for Shawn Arndt   Author's Homepage   Email Shawn Arndt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Done and done. Thanks for posting about it.

[Smile]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: