Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Dolby Digital Signal Simulator (Cat. No. 706).

Author Topic: Dolby Digital Signal Simulator (Cat. No. 706).
Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 10-30-2013 06:32 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody have a manual for this thing?

If not, can you answer the following questions?

1. I assume that the 25 pin connector on the back goes to the soundhead inputs on the processor or DA, but what is the 9 pin connector for?

2. What is the small hole between the UP and Down buttons for? Looks like it's designed to take an engineer's universal reset tool (paperclip).

3. Does it take power from the processor or DA, like a soundhead would? I thought the plate on the rear might cover a battery compartment, but it's just an unused 25 pin connector position.

|  IP: Logged

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2013 11:04 AM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, you need a 25 D pin to pin cable, connect to reader1/reader 2. WARNING:-power down the DA20/CP500/CP650 when plugging or un-plugging the reader cables or cable to the 706.

It's been a very long time since I used mine, I think it does indeed power from the DA.

Stephen Furley
Film God

- posted 10-30-2013 11:15 AM      Profile for Stephen Furley   Email Stephen Furley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Pete. I just want to check that the DA-20 is working next week. I've got cables made up to connect it to the CP.

Any idea what the 9-pin connection is for?

Sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum; must have had digital on the brain.

Pete Naples
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2013 12:47 PM      Profile for Pete Naples   Email Pete Naples   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot for the life of me remember. I did Dolby training on SRD about two decades ago. A lot of grey cells have died since then!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: