Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Coming - Lakeside Cinemas booth cleanout

Author Topic: Coming - Lakeside Cinemas booth cleanout
Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2013 04:56 AM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just told today about the guy who owns the building where the Lakeside Cinemas (Lakeside, CA) has been closed for twenty years. I've been told I can have a tour, and that the booth(s?) are still fully loaded like the day the theatre closed. I think the guy wants to get the stuff OUT of his hair, as nobody has even looked at the building in over ten years.

I'll post as soon as I know more, but if the guy really says 'yes, for god's sake, get it out of here...' then there will be a call for anybody who wants to join in on the pilfering. And no, I have no clue at all yet as to what's up there.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Moore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2013 09:28 AM      Profile for Steve Moore   Email Steve Moore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Id be up for it, if i was not in the UK

Jon Miller
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2013 08:16 PM      Profile for Jon Miller   Email Jon Miller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...stuff a garage already bursting at the seams or suffer the regret of passing up an opportunity in the vicinity? [Confused]

I may be game, Jim.

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-03-2013 10:04 PM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Should know more about a tour in a week or so. Will post back then.

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-06-2013 09:08 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So this guy kicked Guy and Ian out and then never did anything with the land? Nice really really nice!

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-07-2013 11:30 AM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Lakeside in question is near San Diego. I believe you are thinking of the Rialto Cinemas Lakeside which is still in operation in Santa Rosa, CA

Sean McKinnon
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2013 10:15 AM      Profile for Sean McKinnon   Author's Homepage   Email Sean McKinnon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My bad....

I think they had to move into a new building Ian Santa Rosa.

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-14-2013 10:50 PM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My contact called the guy a couple times, and no response, at least yet. Just going to have to wait until the guy surfaces. I don't want to push it, because I don't want the guy to think he's got a live one. He doesn't.

I'll let you know as soon as I know anything. Have good week!

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 08-15-2013 12:55 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's possible that either your contact or the guy at Lakeside has seen this thread and is avoiding the issue because he doesn't want a circus in his booth....

Always got to remember that ANYTHING you post here is easily found by a simple Google search by your name (or the cinema's name). I have been burned by that a few times...

May I suggest that any future info on this be communicated by email or PM to the parties in this thread who are interested?

Markus Ito
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2013 01:03 PM      Profile for Markus Ito   Email Markus Ito   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would definitely be interested.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: