Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » IREM ASN700US IGNITER canīt turn on the lamp

Author Topic: IREM ASN700US IGNITER canīt turn on the lamp
Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2013 08:35 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, iīm having problems with two ASN700-US igniters. they canīt turn on the lamps. i replace it for a spare part but i wonder if there is something i have to check or maybe can fix in those igniters.

thanks for your help.

mike moreno

|  IP: Logged

Gordon McLeod
Film God

- posted 06-18-2013 05:03 PM      Profile for Gordon McLeod   Email Gordon McLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well no one can help with out some more info on the installation
All you say is it cant light the lamps what is needed to start with is does it attempt to light the lamp by producing a flash through the lamp if it does that then we would suspect lamp or rectifier
You dont say what make of lamphouse IREM ignitors are used in many makes but are wired differently

Mike Moreno
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-26-2013 08:23 PM      Profile for Mike Moreno   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Moreno   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the rectifier we have is also a IREM, it came in a big sky console model C4000.
when we start the projector it tryed to ignite the lamp and make that particular noise but it does it over and over again.
what we did is replace only the igniter and that solve the problem.
but i was worry because here in mexico is turning dificult to find spare parts and i dont know if we can fix those igniters

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: