Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Orcon 1000 Fans.

Author Topic: Orcon 1000 Fans.
Tom McGarrity
Film Handler

- posted 05-15-2013 11:52 AM      Profile for Tom McGarrity   Email Tom McGarrity   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do I change the wiring to keep the fans running after switch off ?

|  IP: Logged

Dave Macaulay
Film God

- posted 05-30-2013 11:44 AM      Profile for Dave Macaulay   Email Dave Macaulay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a bit difficult because you are in a 220V part of the world, and I have never seen a 220V Orcon 1000.
But one fan wire must go directly to one AC wire, the other to the other power wire through the power switch. Just find the wire to the switch, and change it so it goes directly to input power.

Mitchell Dvoskin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2013 12:50 PM      Profile for Mitchell Dvoskin   Email Mitchell Dvoskin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can cheat. Quickly turn off the power, loosen the lamp fuse holder on the back, and turn back on. The fan will run without the bulb firing. Turn off the power, re-tighten the lamp fuse, and turn back on, the bulb will fire.

Sean Weitzel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2013 01:24 PM      Profile for Sean Weitzel   Email Sean Weitzel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just tied the fan leads straight to the AC hot and neutral. They run whenever power is applied to the line cord.

Bernie Anderson Jr
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2013 11:28 PM      Profile for Bernie Anderson Jr   Author's Homepage   Email Bernie Anderson Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Depending on the version of the 1000, the later ones made provisions for automation. These usually had a circuit breaker/on-off switch instead of the metal toggle switch. There is also a hole in the gearbox side of the lamp house. If you break those wires, they are part of the ignitor circuit. If those wires are open, then the lamp will be off and the fans stay on as long as the power switch is in the upper position. On my older lamp house, the fans are wired at the AC line.

Tom McGarrity
Film Handler

- posted 06-02-2013 02:43 AM      Profile for Tom McGarrity   Email Tom McGarrity   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks all. Yes Bernie, it's got a breaker type switch, I'll try that. Great cheat Mitchell, I'll keep that up my sleeve.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: