Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Century Projector Help

Author Topic: Century Projector Help
Doug Rynard
Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2012 09:07 AM      Profile for Doug Rynard   Email Doug Rynard   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have an old Century projector that we had to manually ignite the bulb. Now when I push the manual ignite button the bulb does nothing. I have checked the bulb and even changed out the igniter push button switch none of these have helped. Does anyone have any other suggestions.....I would really appreciate the help!

|  IP: Logged

Kris Verhanneman
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2012 09:41 AM      Profile for Kris Verhanneman   Email Kris Verhanneman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

check if you have a DC tension to start with (check rectifier).
check if your lamp is still good.
Check ignitor block.

Kore Pendragon
Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2012 11:34 AM      Profile for Kore Pendragon   Email Kore Pendragon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My friend with a lot of century experience has suggested this. Still maybe the igniter. Diodes or maybe one of the fans isn't working causing the paddle switches to not make contact, could even be a paddle switch that's ceased or failed, there should be an air led on side which would indicate this. Also it's possibly a door tamper switch, the door led and air LEDs both need to be lit for the lamp to strike.

David Graham Rose
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-30-2012 03:46 PM      Profile for David Graham Rose   Email David Graham Rose   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings All!

There really is not much information here is there? A Century projector is just that. A projector. What we really seek, is the knowledge of the lantern and rectifcation device behind this beast. Perchance a light could be shined here. If it will ignite?

David

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 10-30-2012 08:22 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This reminds me of my RCA Service days when the call coming in would be "The thing on the Christie box won't work". [Big Grin]

Doug, welcome to the forum and if you could please post specific brand names and if possible model numbers of the Lamphouse and rectifier we can help you out a lot better. And pics would be better still. [Smile]

Lee Eady
Film Handler

- posted 11-15-2012 06:59 AM      Profile for Lee Eady   Email Lee Eady   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this hapd to me just last wk, it was the suitcase pwr spply. but i had to install 3 spares til i found one that worked!

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: