Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Question about Aperture Plate...

Author Topic: Question about Aperture Plate...
Hsin-ning Chang
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2012 01:42 PM      Profile for Hsin-ning Chang   Email Hsin-ning Chang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

Our Century SA projectors need to redo some apertures, but we couldn't figure out what exactly kind this aperture is. Therefore, I'm wondering if anyone would be able to tell what kind or what number this kind of aperture is?

We have Kelmar's the Automatic Turret, Gate and Traps mount on our Century SA, and here is a picture of the plate.
 -

Really really appreciate!

Hsin-ning

|  IP: Logged

Paul Gordon
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2012 01:47 PM      Profile for Paul Gordon   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Gordon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a Flat and Scope combo plate for your Kelmar auto gate/turret setup.

Brent Francis
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2012 01:50 PM      Profile for Brent Francis   Author's Homepage   Email Brent Francis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well loved. (Oh the stories it could tell...)

Hsin-ning Chang
Film Handler

- posted 08-22-2012 05:23 PM      Profile for Hsin-ning Chang   Email Hsin-ning Chang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pual, yes yes. It is exactly a combo for both flat and scope! Would you know where we might be able to buy it? I've tried to ask people in Kelmar, and people in RSEM. Have not been able to figure it out though...

Brent... I am nervous about what are the stories... hope we could still find the plate somewhere!

In any case, thank you. And always appreciate for more information!

Sam D. Chavez
Film God

- posted 08-22-2012 06:22 PM      Profile for Sam D. Chavez   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have someone call Kelmar and ask to speak to Thomas Mohr. Kelmar usually will only sell to dealers, but they will tell you the part # so you can place an order with a friendly dealer.

There were not a lot of these gates sold and I bet there are still parts in stock

Hsin-ning Chang
Film Handler

- posted 08-23-2012 07:17 PM      Profile for Hsin-ning Chang   Email Hsin-ning Chang   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you so much, Sam, for the reply! Will certainly do that:)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: