Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Best place to get monitor level out of CP650

Author Topic: Best place to get monitor level out of CP650
Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 07-15-2012 11:37 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
An installer (I don't have the information as to who) just did the sound portion of an upgrade that will later include a DCI install as well at an art theatre where I freelance. They installed a CP650 as part of the upgrade, but with NO provisions for a booth monitor. When my mouth dropped, I was told someone forgot to include it in the contract specs. I wondered why the installed didn't ask, "Hey you guys, you sure you don't need a booth MONITOR?

Anyway....where is the best place to bridge off the CP650 to get a mono mix so the projectionist can at least know there is audio playing in the theatre without risking introducing possible level change in the B-chain calibration, or worse, hum, noise and general audio mayhem? Or am I missing an existing output on back that is designed to feed booth monitors? If there is one, I didn't see it.

What would be ideal would be to be able to switch between each channel for verification and as well as a mono mix just for overall operations.

|  IP: Logged

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 07-15-2012 12:27 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you are looking for a mono mix...then the HI output is your place.

If you are looking for a proper monitor then one merely makes their own "Y" (or get something from Odyssey Products) and come off of the various outputs. Also, there are various monitors that can take the CP650's outputs and then provide the means to connect to the amps (the monitor then is "in-line" with signal.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 07-15-2012 02:50 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could check the "Equipment For Sale" forum here as it seems there is a booth monitor available from someone here... [Roll Eyes] [Big Grin]

I can also get or make the breakout cable for you.

Tony Bandiera Jr
Film God

- posted 07-19-2012 10:19 PM      Profile for Tony Bandiera Jr   Email Tony Bandiera Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank: I replied to your original email on the 16th and replied to the one you sent today. As a precaution I am PM'ing the same reply to you on here.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: