Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » CNA-100 Problem

Author Topic: CNA-100 Problem
Mateo Miranda
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2012 07:24 PM      Profile for Mateo Miranda   Email Mateo Miranda   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My first post here. Hope you guys understand my english. Every "manual" funtion operates but when you try to run in "Auto" nothing happends. You can press the funtion buttons but they doesnt change anything (dimmer, sound, etc). Everything is new (main board and cna). What could be the problem?

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-26-2012 09:36 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Take a look in the CNA-100 Manual here, and welcome.

Have you tried the "Program Edit" button to go through the steps that you wish to go through?

Mateo Miranda
Film Handler

- posted 05-26-2012 11:30 PM      Profile for Mateo Miranda   Email Mateo Miranda   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ive worked with these automation in different cinemas but only this one has this problem. We checked everything and all seems to work. We made all the programs and all and doesnt work.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-27-2012 12:55 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could be the front panel has a open/short in it .. I've seen that before with these units from STRONG.

Check the ribbon cabling that goes to the front panel from the momboard.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2012 12:54 PM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mateo,

Welcome to the forums.

If I understand you correctly, I believe you are saying that all of the house functions (dimmer/sound/masking/etc.) operate correctly when you use the manual rocker switches, but when you press any of the white keys to operate your house functions, nothing happens. Is this correct?

I've never encountered this before, but it could be several things. First of all, are there any lights on the front panel? The three seven segment LED displays should each display a number, and each group of white keys for sound, masking, and lights should have one button lit indicating which format is active. If the above is true, then we know the front panel is getting power. If so, it could be a problem with the front panel itself, and you could try swapping the entire front panel with another known working automation, IF you are comfortable doing so.

Another thing to check is the LIN connection between the main board (located behind the front panel, this board plugs into the front panel) and the termination panel. Depending on your configuration, you may have two termination panels (a "house/aux" panel and a "console" termination panel), or there may be a single combo termination panel. Communication between the main board and either of these termination boards is via a 5-wire shielded cable known as the LIN. If this communication is broken, the automation cannot operate any of the devices attached to the termination board(s), but manual switches will still work because they are wired separately (for exactly this purpose).

Good luck! Let us know what you find.

Mateo Miranda
Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2012 08:14 PM      Profile for Mateo Miranda   Email Mateo Miranda   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"If I understand you correctly, I believe you are saying that all of the house functions (dimmer/sound/masking/etc.) operate correctly when you use the manual rocker switches, but when you press any of the white keys to operate your house functions, nothing happens. Is this correct?"

Yes.

"I've never encountered this before, but it could be several things. First of all, are there any lights on the front panel? The three seven segment LED displays should each display a number, and each group of white keys for sound, masking, and lights should have one button lit indicating which format is active. If the above is true, then we know the front panel is getting power. If so, it could be a problem with the front panel itself, and you could try swapping the entire front panel with another known working automation, IF you are comfortable doing so."

I changed the front panel and it does the same. The LIN and LSN lights blink slowly if I remember correctly. I havent check the ribbon cable that Monte told me. Im going to work in that between Friday and Saturday. Thanks for the help.

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 05-30-2012 10:08 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..wonder if the power supply is acting up on why slow blinking lights ..... It's not uncommon for STRONG automations have flaky power supplies.

Ken Lackner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-31-2012 09:16 AM      Profile for Ken Lackner   Email Ken Lackner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mateo,

Are you referring to the LIN and LSN status LEDs on the Main CPU Board located behind the front panel? Slow blinking is definitely a problem. This indicates the CNA is getting power but there is a communication issue somewhere. The difference between slow and fast blinking should be pretty obvious, so I assume you are correct when you say they are blinking slowly. So, I would definitely check the LIN connection between the main CPU board and the termination panel(s).

The termination panel contains a plug-in 39334 I/O CPU Board. If this board fails, there will be communcation issues, and the automation can't control the devices on the termination panel. You may want to try swapping the I/O CPU Board with one from a known good auditorium.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: