Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Filmo H viewfinder

Author Topic: Filmo H viewfinder
Robert Crewdson
Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2012 11:47 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson   Email Robert Crewdson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just bought a Filmo 70 H with 3 objectives. the objectives are clean and clear; the viewfinder eye glass is clean, but when I look through the viewfinder the image is cloudy and not sharp. adjusting the viewfinder eyepiece to suit my particular eyesite makes no difference, the image will not focus.
Has anyone with experience of any of the later filmo models come across this problem, and know the remedy.
Thank you.

|  IP: Logged

Robert E. Allen
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-21-2012 04:10 PM      Profile for Robert E. Allen   Email Robert E. Allen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This may not be of much help but years ago I had a B&H 70DL. No problem with the viewfinder except for me it was just too small. So I had Auricon machine it off and mount one of their viewfinders on it. If I had that camera today I would buy a zoom lens with a viewfinder and machine off the B&H viewfinder.

Robert Crewdson
Film Handler

- posted 04-22-2012 07:58 AM      Profile for Robert Crewdson   Email Robert Crewdson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When you remove the objectives and the eyepiece, you find another lens inside about 1/3rd from the front. Although difficult to reach I managed to clean this, but it makes no difference to the clearness of the image or focussing. Will be difficult to use this camera unless I can get this sorted. Tried using the door from a Filmo DA, but it wouldn't lock.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: