Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Technicolor 3D issue

Author Topic: Technicolor 3D issue
Timothy B Davis
Film Handler

- posted 03-30-2012 09:56 PM      Profile for Timothy B Davis   Email Timothy B Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We're still using the Tech 3D system for a while unitl we get converted and this system has been flawless for almost two years. However, today it started having an issue with the image seen from the left eye. The right eye image looks great but the left eye image has a large grey bar area across the top of the screen. It's about two feet down into the screen. It also seems to be running the left image down onto the bottom masking. We ran a test film in it between the last show times and the test film confirmed the same thing. The greyish color of the top bar area is the same color grey that blocks out the word "Right" on the test film when you're looking at it with your left eye.
I called Technicolor and they told me they don't provide any support for their 3D systems. They said I need to talk with the installer. He hasn't come up with an answer yet.
Does anyone know if there's an adjustment on the lens for this issue? Is there a website with any troubleshooting info? Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks, Tim

|  IP: Logged

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-30-2012 10:36 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just off the top of my head. Check you are not using the scope aperture plate.Check that your lamp alignment is not way off,as in focused too high or low which will effect right eye left eye.
If there is a zoom on the front of the lens,make sure it has not come loose. Turn it back on before it falls right off,if it's loose.

Timothy B Davis
Film Handler

- posted 03-30-2012 11:21 PM      Profile for Timothy B Davis   Email Timothy B Davis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Victor, thanks for the input on some things to check. The aperture plate is good. It's using the large hole. If I change it to the other smaller one it puts a black line in the screen and the picture doesn't look right.
Nothing is loose on the lens anywhere on the outside. It all looks like it always has.
I'll check bulb alignment tomorrow. Thanks, Tim

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2012 10:47 AM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In a moment of clarity , I was thinking that whatever is used in the port window to block excess light and picture from getting out has moved down a bit?

Dominic Espinosa
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-31-2012 10:08 PM      Profile for Dominic Espinosa   Email Dominic Espinosa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
^^^--- Good idea. Our installer used a piece of poster board attached with velcro to the port window.

If you run the test loop are your left and right eye images converged properly?
Check the little plastic dealie that clips onto the back of the lens. I wish i knew what it was called...But that thing.

If you're still stuck and your local guy doesn't know/wont come out call ACE -- they installed ours and know the system well.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: