Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Potts platter problems

Author Topic: Potts platter problems
Mike Frese
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-17-2012 08:26 PM      Profile for Mike Frese   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Frese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Model a-3

I was having trouble on rewind. I noticed a dead spot when the trolley/w/you-yo was right where the pin goes in for threading.

I removed the variac and noticed that a 1/2" or so of the metal on the underside ofthe rotor was gone. The little button had broken off on the brass tab as well. So I took the variac from the MUT (just used it yesterday) put it in the control box.

I can't get the platters to spin at all (trying o set the electric zero). I have power through both fuses and though the shut off switch.

Help!

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 02-18-2012 12:29 AM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Need to adjust the switch down there at the variac to where the switch (wires should be on the outside terminals of the switch) that the tang goes outward and closes connnection when the variac arm is about 10 degrees open. If you have another platter, check its setting to the one you're working on.

Mike Frese
Master Film Handler

- posted 02-18-2012 09:44 AM      Profile for Mike Frese   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Frese   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monte, Are you talking about the switch that shuts the motors off when the w/yo-yo/trolley goes to the bottom? That is open and power is going through the switch when the w is up off the bottom.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: