Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Kinoton Lamphouse Hour Meter faulty

Author Topic: Kinoton Lamphouse Hour Meter faulty
Sally Ann Burgess
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2012 05:34 PM      Profile for Sally Ann Burgess   Email Sally Ann Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering if this is a job for the electricians, our hour meter is only reading a few hours' usage each month when it should be advancing by around 250-300.

|  IP: Logged

Marin Zorica
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2012 05:48 PM      Profile for Marin Zorica   Email Marin Zorica   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's simple for electrician to do also....there are mains voltage h-meters.....so when lamp is powered check is there is 230 or 110V (depends where you are) if it is than h-meter is bad and replace it, if there is no mains voltage on it, check relay board in lamphouse, it can be that one of relay is bad, but probably h-meter is problem.

Steve Guttag
We forgot the crackers Gromit!!!

- posted 01-31-2012 07:01 PM      Profile for Steve Guttag   Email Steve Guttag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All of the Kinoton hour meters are 230V (That I am aware) but they do come in 50Hz and 60Hz variants. Make sure you have the proper frequency too. The hour meter, however, is not difficult to change...ensure that the power is off and then TRIPLE check that the power is off. It isn't that difficult a part to change.

-Steve

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-31-2012 08:21 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Steve- check the that a meter was designed to match
the frequency of your power system. I had the identical problem here with a piece of electronic equipment that the hour meter
was registering more hours on than the equipment actually ran.

In my case, it turned out that I had a 50hz meter that had
somehow been installed in a piece of equipment running on 60hz.

Or- - you could just have a meter with a bad mechanism.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: