Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » Haywire "out-of-focus"?

Author Topic: Haywire "out-of-focus"?
Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2012 09:25 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Just wanted to throw a quick question up. Is it just me or is 'Haywire' slightly out of focus. I am certain it isn't a problem on our end as the trailers have excellent focus. But the e movie appears to be filmed with soft focus since some scenes seem to be intentionally out of focus. However close ups on faces appear fine. This was also the case with the trailer for the movie.

|  IP: Logged

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2012 10:30 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The trailers of Haywire are very very soft but I have not run the feature yet.

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-20-2012 11:51 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After running FilmGuard a few times (one heavy application) it seems to have sharpened somewhat but as I mentioned it was probably the way it was shot.

Stephen Frazza
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2012 12:15 AM      Profile for Stephen Frazza   Author's Homepage   Email Stephen Frazza   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you Ross. Our print also seemed odd or maybe it was how it was shot, but yes a lot of scenes seemed like they were in and out of focus at the same time.

Randy Stankey
Film God

- posted 01-21-2012 07:25 AM      Profile for Randy Stankey   Email Randy Stankey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about you guys but I think there's some irony in this situation.

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 01-21-2012 01:33 PM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our digital copy has a soft focus to it. All of the trailers were sharp with no focus issues but the feature it self did have some strange focusing things going on with it. There is one shot that was intentionally out of focus for a few seconds.

Kerry Fleming
Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2012 02:46 PM      Profile for Kerry Fleming   Author's Homepage   Email Kerry Fleming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just another low budget production. My print is soft too. Sound is nothing to brag about either!

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2012 03:14 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah running it now. Its Haywire focus !

Brian Guckian
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-21-2012 04:33 PM      Profile for Brian Guckian   Email Brian Guckian   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
IMDB reports that the data / content was created using the Red ONE MX with Hawk anamorphic lenses:

Technical Specs for "Haywire"

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: