Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » RT-50 suggestions?

Author Topic: RT-50 suggestions?
Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2012 02:10 PM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a Century RT-50 soundhead with half a Jax in it. (no BLA, and besides, blecch..) Was looking to put something better in it, and thought, "Wow! I've got the reverse scan and digital from Component Engineering in that old Simplex. I'll get the right bracket, and away we go!" Buzzzzz. Can't be done, apparently. No space, (lens tube is too long) and you would lose the 70mm pass through from the JJ-3 even if it could fit.

Anybody think of anything else I could put in this head? What are other folks with JJ-3's doing?

|  IP: Logged

Louis Bornwasser
Film God

- posted 01-16-2012 02:51 PM      Profile for Louis Bornwasser   Author's Homepage   Email Louis Bornwasser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Kelmar one works perfectly. Both the analog and the Dolby Digitsl one as well. Louis

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2012 04:14 PM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds great. Anybody have one lying around gathering dust? (and I want a million dollars, and a pony...)

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 01-16-2012 05:47 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jim.

Vote for Vermin Supreme and you will get your pony.

Free Ponies

Jim Henk
Master Film Handler

- posted 01-16-2012 06:02 PM      Profile for Jim Henk   Email Jim Henk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh geez... just moved the request for one of these to the WTB/For Sale board, but can't edit original post to remove it. Sorry. (Though I still want a million dollars, and that pony... votes not for sale.)

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: