Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Operations   » Film Handlers' Forum   » How many prints/discs can a DTS XD10 hold

Author Topic: How many prints/discs can a DTS XD10 hold
Paul Vollmers
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2012 02:31 PM      Profile for Paul Vollmers   Email Paul Vollmers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Any one know about how many DTS Discs or features a DTS XD-10 can hold with a 120 GB Drive?
I know the reel sizes and Feature length can effect the capacity, but just a round about idea?
10, 20, 30, etc.
No trailer discs loaded.

Thanks

|  IP: Logged

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 01-14-2012 03:11 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What you do is throw a DTS disc in a computer, go to "my computer", highlight the CD rom drive that the disc is in and click on "properties" which will show the size of the files on the disc, or the MB' of the disc content.

But an easy rule of thumb is that CD-ROM's were usually 650 or 700 MB's for maximum size, or simply go with 700 MB as the maximum number and divide that in to the HD size on the DTS unit to give you a good number to go by on disc space.

Jim Cassedy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2012 03:47 PM      Profile for Jim Cassedy   Email Jim Cassedy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously, there's no "one" answer to this question.
I just checked the contents log of one of my XD-10's
and it presently contains 26 features which range in
length from 5 to 9 reels, and about 270 trailers.
(I lost count while scrolling through them)

Aaron Mehocic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2012 04:21 PM      Profile for Aaron Mehocic   Email Aaron Mehocic   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last year I worked on an XD10 that had well over 50 titles and hundreds of trailers in its memory.

Paul Vollmers
Expert Film Handler

- posted 01-14-2012 05:25 PM      Profile for Paul Vollmers   Email Paul Vollmers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first XD-10's had 40GB HD's for storage.....mine has a 120GB HD, and I'm upgrading to a 160GB HD.
I've Been told that 160 Gb HD were the latest capacity during manufacture.
Just had no idea how many features a 160 MB Drive could hold.
Thanks for your info.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: